Making materials using a base material.

Started by zooropa, March 30, 2018, 08:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

I am making a paper material from poliigon. I want to have a folder with different papers.

I am trying to use the first one and then replace the texture files without touching the inputs.

If I do it changing the files with the "replace file" option in the texture node...the values change.

I have my textures loaded in the texture tab. Isn't possible to drag my new textures to the nodes and change just the file ?

It would be nice to make it easier than do everything again.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: zooropa on March 30, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
I am making a paper material from poliigon. I want to have a folder with different papers.

I am trying to use the first one and then replace the texture files without touching the inputs.

If I do it changing the files with the "replace file" option in the texture node...the values change.

I have my textures loaded in the texture tab. Isn't possible to drag my new textures to the nodes and change just the file ?

It would be nice to make it easier than do everything again.

If you drag your texture from the texture library onto the material's texture node (not in mat. graph) but in texture properties, you should get what you want. It will preserve the scaling and position of the previous texture.

INNEO_MWo

If you look into the texture channel in the material tab, you'll see the row with the texture file name and extension. Just drag the other texture into this row, like Will mentioned in the previous post.
This should work as you mentioned (as I understood your question)

Cheers
Marco

zooropa

Thanks both. Did not know this feature. It would be nice to be implemented in the Mgraph  thought

Regards!