transparency problem

Started by eric.roux1985, April 05, 2018, 08:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric.roux1985

Hi every one ! first, sorry for my bad english....
I would like to create a transparent part, in which I integrate after (via Photoshop) color vectors from a dynamic simulation... The problem is that I can not make my part in transparency, or there are reflections, or dark part(on the three cones) when I use the material  "glass ". I think about a problem of reflection of the light... no ? attached, an example.... in " test2" why the cone are not transparent ? !someone would have an idea, in advance, thank you very much!

DriesV

Hi,

My best guess is that you get these dark surfaces because Global Illumination is disabled. Or the Ray Bounces are set too low.
Are you using KeyShot 7? A quick fix is to go to the Project panel's Lighting tab and select the 'Product' Lighting Preset.
Let me know if that helps.

Dries

eric.roux1985

Hey dries ! thanks for your help ....
Your right, the global illumination was disabled ! I'm using keyshot 6 pro for the moment.
I make a new test with " product" lighting preset and the result is better, can you explain me in what condition its better to use 'product" lightning preset ?! ordinary i use "basic "
Thanks you very much for your quick response and your help Dries :)

Have a good day !

eric.roux1985

After a few test, I  get something approximately correct, thanks you for your help !