Fade Animation still doesnt act correctly when using Interior Mode

Started by Lei, April 06, 2018, 03:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

Hi,

Windows 10
Keyshot 7.3.37

I had this problem before when i upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2, so i decided to revert to 7.0 which ultimately solved the problem. However there are so many features that i am missing out on when just using 7.0. But today the 7.3 update was live and I thought the problem would have been solved. But the issue is back again.

My main setting for rendering my animations are:
Lighting Preset (Product), then setting the Rendering Technique as "Interior Mode".

As you can see from the attachment attached, the images are on the exact same frame of the animation. However the only change is that i set the rendering technique as "Product Mode" and "Interior Mode".

I use interior mode since i use alot of big scene set up in keyshot and using Interior mode doesnt create noise, compared to using Product Mode.

Can someone find out what is causing this, I could revert back to 7.0 and have the fade animation working as normal again, but i would be missing out on all the new features on 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3.

There is no point in sending a CAD, BIP, or KSP file since this is apparently to model I use. Even creating a blank keyshot scene with a geometry import cube, adding a fade animation and changing the rendering technique still comes up with the issue.

Thank in advance.

I have email support@luxion and is waiting on a reply.

INNEO_MWo

Hi.

Can you please mark the area that isn't correct in the second frame?

Cheers
Marco

mattjgerard

I think its the transparency of the handle indicating that the fade animation is working in one but not the other.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 06, 2018, 11:04:52 AM
I think its the transparency of the handle indicating that the fade animation is working in one but not the other.

Ah, Right I See.( or better, I missed the file name yesterday)

Never run into this.

Lei

Yes, its the fade animation. It doesn't work correctly when i use Interior mode, or interior lighting preset.

It goes into that weird colour shade like it doesn't fade out, then at the end of the animation, it disappear as what a normal fade animation would do. But it doesn't do the proper fade.

I am not sure what is causing this. I even tried it on a colleague's keyshot software and the problem replicates there as well. I am going to try a fresh install on monday and see if that works out.

Lei

KeyShot Support has replied to me, they have stated that they have also managed to replicate my issue. The issue seems to be a bug related to the interior and Fade animations. This has been filed as a bug in the system to get it resolved.

INNEO_MWo

Lei

Yup, exactly the same issue. It doesn't need to be a particular BIP/KSP. Its an issue within keyshot itself. I have colleagues in the marketing department that shares a keyshot license. On one of them, she had keyshot 7.1 (havent updated for a while) and the fade animation is working correctly. I told her to update to 7.3, and the problem with the fade animation started.

Lei

Oh you did a material graph animation. I dont think this will help me since material animations cannot be mirrored/duplicated easily. I have reverted to 7.0 for now so i can use my lighting settings with my animations.

Quote from: MWo on April 10, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Hope that helps.

Cheers
Marco

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: leirom on April 11, 2018, 01:22:37 AM
Oh you did a material graph animation. I dont think this will help me since material animations cannot be mirrored/duplicated easily. I have reverted to 7.0 for now so i can use my lighting settings with my animations.

But did the material graph animation solve the problem?

Lei

I am not sure since I already downgraded to 7.0.

I have a feeling it work as intended since its a different type of fade animation which is probably not affect when used on Interior Mode

INNEO_MWo

I've posted a video file with a fade with interior mode. Does it look correct?

Lei

It looks like my issue. But if you're thinking that its the "correct" fade for interior mode. Then i dont think so, since it is not fading smoothly (smooth change in transparency).

Lei

bumping this thread since I have tested the issue on KeyShot 7.3.40 version.

The issue is still apparent, this was tested on my colleague's computer before i updated mine. I am still using KeyShot 7.0 so that i can use the fade animation correctly with "interior mode" settings.