Render Dialogue Box Bug

Started by JonWelch, April 10, 2018, 08:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

I have two different bugs here, one of which I started noticing in Keyshot 7.2, and now the second has begun in 7.3, while the first bug has not fixed itself.
Neither of these are significantly harmful, but I thought they should be addressed.

The first bug is that the name of the Output render does not change when I 'Save' or 'Save As' a file. Basically prompting me to have to type in the name manually of the output file, regardless of what I saved the BIP as. For instance: I'll import a scene, and Save the file as "Bedroom" but the Output file name in the Render Dialogue Box will remain as "Untitled...." Like I said, not the worst, but it's definitely annoying for me to have to consciously remember to change the name each time, especially annoying when setting up multiple renders based off one file.

The second bug is that the keyboard command to Save (Ctrl + S) does not work while the Render Dialogue Box is open. I can go up to File - Save and it will work, but using the keyboard command does not. It's actually a fair bit annoying as usually the Render Dialogue Box is where I finish all the final settings of a scene before I hit my final Save. But, now I either have to close the box before using the keyboard command, or I have to drag the cursor up to File. Both of which are a slight drag on my productivity.

Just thought I'd share, I found these small issues very weird, I normally never have any bugs, but I thought I should mention them.

INNEO_MWo

The naming of render-files is weird. I tested as well, defining the name of the bip before saving, but it doesn't work as well.

The Ctrl+S works if you click into the KeyShot main window. Just one click into the view port to activate the window and you can use the shortcut.

Hope an update will fix the naming thing.

Cheers
Marco