Update to 7.3 unstable when launching

Started by Greg_R, April 10, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg_R

I just did the update to 7.3 earlier today.  At least 50 percent of the time, when I launch Keyshot 7, the program crashes.  The same will happen when launching KS from the Fusion 360 plugin, which then crashes Fusion.

- Windows 10
- Keyshot 7.3.37 floating license
- Autodesk Fusion 360 2.0.3803
- Fusion 360 plugin 1.0

DMerz III

Unfortunately, my KS 7.3 is also locking up upon starting, but only when I am launching Keyshot by clicking on an existing .bip in Windows Explorer. It happens 100% of the time, with any file. 

I am still able to open Keyshot 7.3 and 'open' a file just fine. But for whatever reason it locks up if I click on a .bip... loading screen comes up and freezes. I have to Ctrl + Alt + Del to end process.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. It did not happen immediately after updating, on recently, not sure what happened.

Windows 7
KS 7.3.37

I have noticed two separate instances of KS are open in my taskbar when this happens. As if it beings to open an instance and immediately is opening a second instance, but perhaps it has always done this and I haven't noticed? It does two 2 instances of Keyshot 7 in my process tree when I hit CTRL Alt Delete.

Furniture_Guy

Mine will almost always crash when I hit Ctrl-N for a new file. Opening an existing .bip is fine...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

HaroldL

I was just getting ready to update to 7.3 until I read this post.  :( Guess I'll hold off for a while to see how this gets sorted out.

mattjgerard

Quote from: HaroldL on April 16, 2018, 07:44:17 PM
I was just getting ready to update to 7.3 until I read this post.  :( Guess I'll hold off for a while to see how this gets sorted out.

Same here.

mcramblet

KS would occasionally lock up, upon start up, today it's gotten worse and now I can't get it to run at all, I get this, every time: (see attachment)