Main Menu

Edison Lamp

Started by Shaun Wellens, April 11, 2018, 07:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun Wellens

Afternoon everyone,

So I recently decided to start my own visualisation agency (www.theanvilstudio.com) and therefore needed to begin building a portfolio. To kick things off, my friend Oli Ramirez kindly allowed me to use his design and model - the Edison Lamp. Below are the final images - I hope you like what you see. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. I've also posted this to my instagram: @shaunwellens.

Cheers,

Shaun

DMerz III

Some amazing attention to detail there, totally tuggin on my heart strings. Love it man, nice work

Shaun Wellens

Thanks David - I appreciate it  :)

Mikael - I've attached the material graph of the cable for you. I hope this helps!

cjwidd

Really like that fourth shot, great lighting +1

Esben Oxholm

As said on instragram, these shots are really stunning.
Keep up this quality and you should have no problem attracting clients :)

TGS808

Stellar. Simply stellar. I had to look twice to ensure they weren't photos. Really, really convincing stuff. If you wouldn't mind sharing your graph for that black painted metal material that makes up the body of the lamp, I'd consider you a giant among men.  :D

Shaun Wellens

Cheers cjwidd.

Thanks Esben, I really appreciate that!

TGS808 - Here you go brother, there's really not much to it. Just a lot of tweaking with values and good quality textures.

Thanks again guys!

TGS808

Thanks! Much appreciated!

semozhangdama

This is really great, not only for rendering but also for representation.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

You've got some interesting work there! Well done man!

guspottinger

So good. Love it. Bravo...

TGS808

I know I already said I thought these were good, just wanted to reiterate. The first time I looked at these I was like... okay... so his friend lent him a lamp. Why did he post photos of it here? I guess he's going to do a rendered version? Seriously. I actually thought that. I really had to look closely. Especially files 3 and 7. 100% convincing.

NM-92

I'll chime in here just to emphasize what others said. Amazing work. This is top notch quality, but you put the bar too high for yourself, just remember to keep that level and you'll be up and running in no time. Great job and keep us posted if you make new stuff. Cheers man. 

Shaun Wellens

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the kind words! I thought I'd uploaded the clay pass but apparently not - so here it is!

Josh3D

I'll just echo what everyone else has said here. Well done Shaun, and the best with your viz venture!