Enviroment not staying as I left it.

Started by m2tts, July 12, 2011, 01:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m2tts

I'm having issues when reopening a bip file after a session where the environment does not seem to have the same settings as when I left it. It will have rotated, and or it's lighting values will have changed. Sometimes i can close the file and then reopen it and then it will be back to being the same.

Anyone else seeing this?

guest84672

Are you opening or are you importing the bip files? There is a fundamental difference:

- Open will open the scene as you saved it
- Import will import the geometry and the assigned materials into the existing environment, hence the lighting may change.

m2tts

No, I'm definitely opening a saved copy of the original file. I have a screen shot I can send you that shows both files open and the exact same settings for the environments, but shows different intensity of lighting in the scenes. Since this is client work, I would like to e-mail it to you due to confidentiality issues.

Pauline

Hello to both of you,

I believe I experience something similar with many of my .bip files. Let's assume I set the environment I want and save a .bip file.

Then sometimes, when I reopen the file, the environment seems to have changed and textures do not look the same anymore, probably because of that. I check all settings (environment, rotation, gamma, brightness), but nothing has officially changed when I look at the numbers.

Other times, I can open my file and see the environment is correctly set, but as soon as I start a rendering, it switches to the other environment (the one I don't want).

Screenshots of the phenomenon before / after and corresponding .bip files are avilable, please let me know if you want me to share.

Thanks in advance,

Pauline

Pauline

To speed up the process, please find attached the screenshots showing the same file before (right) and after (left). In between I have not touched anything except reopening the file, or launching a rendering.

Many thanks,

guest84672

Can you share the scene with our support team - support@luxion.com?

Thanks,
Thomas

Pauline

Thanks a lot. I am sending the .bip files right away.

Ed

I have the same issue time to time.  Re-open a BIP I just saved and the Environment (not the Realtime) brightness has increased quite a bit.

I don't know for sure, but it may be dependent on the HDR.  Seems to happen more with ones I made in HDR Light Studio.

WIN7 32 bit

Ed

br3ttman

I too have seen brightness changes on at least 2 sets of project deliverables, (Sorry, not able to share files because of client confidentiality).  In both cases I was rendering a series of concept variations.  I'd set up a scene, maybe render 1 or 2 of the concepts, save and close out, reopen the scene to import and render additional concepts, save, repeat.  After rendering a half dozen or so concepts and pulling them into my final presentation I noticed that, although I made no changes to the environment or camera angles, the renderings would step progressively brighter.  When I finally discovered what was happening, I first tried to troubleshoot it by reloading the same environment to "reset" its defaults.  However, the only way to return it to its "default" setting was to first load a different environment altogether and then reload the desired environment. 

guest84672

sonicdesign

Same here. I noticed that scenes become lighter each time I import a new CAD file from SW into a saved setting. It is almost as if I imported a light with it or the settings get duplicated. I checked the environmental settings and they are consistent with the original file.

As a result I do not manage to consistently render different designs.

guest84672

We found that this is only happening after you render an image with the environment gamma not set to 1.

sonicdesign

Thx. I did change the gamma setting. I guess I can not touch it, if I plan to render in a scene again, - which makes the gamma setting unusable. I hope you can provide a fix at some point.

I like to add, that this is happening rather randomly. I used the same scene and after importing different files, saved them under different names. While some files are holding the settings, others change lighting either during import or render sequences.

guest84672

I know it is annoying. We will look into a fix.

sonicdesign