Saved Cameras not the same after Bip Import

Started by m2tts, July 12, 2011, 08:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m2tts

I've tried importing a bip file into another one (to solve an environment issue) but now my saved camera views are totally out of whack. The model ends up being much farther away from the camera than it was originally. The bip was "added" to the scene. The parts that were imported are the same size (just tweaked geometry) as the ones in the parent file.

guest84672

Under the advanced tab in the import dialog, select "Import cameras". Then your cameras will be imported as well.

m2tts

I didn't mean the cameras in the imported file got screwy; I meant the saved cameras in the file I was importing to.

m2tts

I have checked what the setting for importing cameras was and it was set to import the cameras. Since the imported bip was a saved version of the file I was importing into; all the camera names were the same. Can this have confused the importer?

guest84672

JeffM

It is possible that importing the cameras with the same name could cause this problem. I'm not seeing the same exact issue though when I try to test this. Perhaps you can send your bips to support@luxion.com?

In this case you should disable the "import camera" option when adding the other bip to your scene.