Main Menu

Spiral

Started by zooropa, April 16, 2018, 11:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Really enjoyed using the post - pro techniques from Esben Oxholm in his binoculars video. https://gumroad.com/l/YaBDa/xmas

Still thinking if I should just desaturate it and have a B&W rather than the creamy white (background).

Josh3D

I love it. I think the cream bg works to make that geometry even more entrancing. Well done!

zooropa

Thanks a lot Josh!  Good you like the creamy...cause that was the option I used for my web site.
Here another one !

mattjgerard

I was inspired to try to replicate this shape, and its not as easy as my brain tells me it should be. Now its a challenge to try to match yours and see how close I can get! Cinema 4D is a wonderful program, but sometimes simple things just don't work very well in it!  I can see in my head the scene and all the splines, helixes, sweeps and deformers I would need, in what order and the settings, I have the whole thing in my head before I even open the app, then I do that and something goes goofy.

Thenits troubleshooting time.

I like the cream color, more interesting than the bare white that is everywhere right now. and its such a beautifully simple shape with the pinstriping that adds a touch of sophistication.

zooropa

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 18, 2018, 08:10:32 AM
I was inspired to try to replicate this shape, and its not as easy as my brain tells me it should be. Now its a challenge to try to match yours and see how close I can get! Cinema 4D is a wonderful program, but sometimes simple things just don't work very well in it!  I can see in my head the scene and all the splines, helixes, sweeps and deformers I would need, in what order and the settings, I have the whole thing in my head before I even open the app, then I do that and something goes goofy.

Thenits troubleshooting time.

I like the cream color, more interesting than the bare white that is everywhere right now. and its such a beautifully simple shape with the pinstriping that adds a touch of sophistication.

Thanks Matt ! I am having a rough time trying to find a job here in Oslo so you can not even imagine how good it sounds someone like what I did hahaha.

I would like you to explain how I did it. If you are interested please let me know. I did it in Rhinoceros. But I use Modo which works similar to C4D I believe. I do have an idea how you could do it. Let me know I can send you a PM so we do not fill the forum maybe with coming and goings. Again thanks a lot. I have a few more coming. I really enjoy playing with geometry. I am also doing a furniture little bit inspired in this geometry tweaks.

All the best