Main Menu

EO 2018

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 18, 2018, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

Top notch work as always ! Great attention to details.
Keepers in my book.
Tim

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Shaun Wellens on April 25, 2018, 03:30:10 PM
I've seen all of this on Instagram but you can't have a true appreciation for it until you see it in high-res! Awesome work as always.
Oh, and I actually disagree with the scaling of the concrete being too big - I don't see an issue with it.
Looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread!
Thanks buddy!

Quote from: feher on April 25, 2018, 04:57:22 PM
Top notch work as always ! Great attention to details.
Keepers in my book.
Tim
Thanks, Tim. Appreciate your input :)

NM-92

I don't think the concrete has sth to do here. It's just the far camera angle, combined with the fact that there are no objects in the scene to compare with. Just a composition thingy, but i don't think it looks bad at all.

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Absolutely love these shots! I can't say anything, Esben !

designgestalt

hello Esben,
comparing your image to the original I think it is pretty damn close. Also the scale of the concrete in the original seems somewhat odd, but you would not question it in the context normally...
I rather think it is the way you cropped the image that makes it look "toy-like".
in the original the car is way closer to the camera, if it would have the same distance as in your image, I think it would suffer from the same effect!
nonetheless, this is great and impressive work!
regards
designgestalt

mattjgerard

I personally wouldn't worry too much about the blown out bits of the image. I think it adds a bit of realism, in that a real camera would have a hard time recording the wide dynamic range of an image like this, and depending on what the frame is being exposed for, you will either get blown out whites or blacks that are too dark and loose detail. I think you have a good balance here.

Ibtihaj Abrar

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 30, 2018, 05:49:59 AM
I personally wouldn't worry too much about the blown out bits of the image. I think it adds a bit of realism, in that a real camera would have a hard time recording the wide dynamic range of an image like this, and depending on what the frame is being exposed for, you will either get blown out whites or blacks that are too dark and loose detail. I think you have a good balance here.
Thanks mattjgerard. Highly appreciate your input.  :)

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: NM-92 on April 26, 2018, 04:19:32 AM
I don't think the concrete has sth to do here. It's just the far camera angle, combined with the fact that there are no objects in the scene to compare with. Just a composition thingy, but i don't think it looks bad at all.
Yeah, that makes sense. Good input and thanks!

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on April 26, 2018, 05:08:59 AM
Absolutely love these shots! I can't say anything, Esben !
Thanks, man!

Quote from: designgestalt on April 27, 2018, 12:27:53 AM
hello Esben,
comparing your image to the original I think it is pretty damn close. Also the scale of the concrete in the original seems somewhat odd, but you would not question it in the context normally...
I rather think it is the way you cropped the image that makes it look "toy-like".
in the original the car is way closer to the camera, if it would have the same distance as in your image, I think it would suffer from the same effect!
nonetheless, this is great and impressive work!
regards
designgestalt
Hi Dirk. Nice to hear from you.
Thanks for your input (really useful) and nice words. Much appreciated!

Quote from: hridoycufl on April 29, 2018, 10:22:36 AM
Tried to follow your steps... Here's the result.  :)
I think next time I've to be little bit more careful about overexposure currently on the bumper.
Hi hridoycufl.
It looks good. Glad that the original image inspired you as well.
I would appreciate though that you create a separate topic for your own renderings and move it there, to not mess things up :)
Thanks for understanding,

Cheers!

Esben Oxholm

Hi all.
A new little project.

Done for practicing my polygon modeling skills.
Modeled in MODO, and rendered with KeyShot. A bit of post in Photoshop.

Design is by Royal Copenhagen.

Finema

Really nice !
Have you use the porcelain material or more ?

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Finema on May 03, 2018, 11:49:57 PM
Really nice !
Have you use the porcelain material or more ?
Thanks. It's actually just a basic plastic material. Diffuse set to 90% white, Spec set to white, Roughness at 0,01 and refraction index bumped up to 1,75. The refraction index on the left one is 1,5 to tone down the reflections, to add more focus to the right one.

Finema

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

That second shot's looking great! Well-done!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on May 04, 2018, 02:24:05 AM
That second shot's looking great! Well-done!
Thanks a lot!

Will Gibbons