Main Menu

EO 2018

Started by Esben Oxholm, April 18, 2018, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi all!

Haven't been posting images in here for a while - actually so long that my old thread expired.
Starting up a new one here with my 2018 renderings.

Here's a bunch of what I've doing so far. Models are a mix of bought, free downloads and self modeled.
For future uploads I'll do a more throughout description of scene setup and everything.

Let me know if you have any specific questions for any of the renderings. Will be happy to answer.

Thanks for watching!

Magnus Skogsfjord

I'm paying close attention to your stuff on IG, and it's so nice to see these in high res. It's as always such confidence in your work Esben. Love them all! Particularly fond of the hairs on the pillow in this batch. Tried myself on a chair cushion, but didn't quite nail it.

cjwidd

Man, all of these are nice, love it +1

guspottinger

Everything is amazing! Pillow detail is great and i love the lighting. Was the hair/fibre effect done in modo on top of an existing model or did you model the cushion also?

Great work as always.

Also where is the plant model from?

BasTel

Great work! The closeup of the pillow is outstanding!

TGS808

The master has returned. Flawless, as always!  :D

SebasDesign

Chad Holton

All look great indeed! Particularly like the pillow closeup.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 18, 2018, 02:37:19 AM
I'm paying close attention to your stuff on IG, and it's so nice to see these in high res. It's as always such confidence in your work Esben. Love them all! Particularly fond of the hairs on the pillow in this batch. Tried myself on a chair cushion, but didn't quite nail it.
Quote from: cjwidd on April 18, 2018, 03:11:22 AM
Man, all of these are nice, love it +1
Quote from: BasTel on April 18, 2018, 06:07:30 AM
Great work! The closeup of the pillow is outstanding!
Quote from: TGS808 on April 18, 2018, 08:54:59 AM
The master has returned. Flawless, as always!  :D
Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on April 18, 2018, 12:09:48 PM
LOVE THEM ALL
Quote from: Chad Holton on April 19, 2018, 05:17:01 AM
All look great indeed! Particularly like the pillow closeup.
THANK YOU all! Much appreciated.

Quote from: guspottinger on April 18, 2018, 03:20:09 AM
Everything is amazing! Pillow detail is great and i love the lighting. Was the hair/fibre effect done in modo on top of an existing model or did you model the cushion also?

Great work as always.

Also where is the plant model from?

Thanks! The fibers was created by applying modos fur material to a bought pillow model, and then backing the material to polygons for exporting it into KeyShot.

The plant is from here: https://www.blog.viz-people.com/blog/free-3d-model-lemon-tree/
Tons of great free models on their blog

Will Gibbons

Hey man, nice to see these together full-res like the others said. Very cool.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 19, 2018, 08:25:10 AM
Hey man, nice to see these together full-res like the others said. Very cool.
Thanks, Will! Much appreciated.

Stumbled upon some cool automotive renderings on nio.io the other day and thought it would be a good practice to replicate it.
Grabbed a mazda mx5 from https://www.blog.viz-people.com/blog/free-3d-model-mazda-mx-5/ and got started.

Blocked out the scene using primitives from the 'add geometry'. Lighting is two area lights flanked by a faint pin in an otherwise black HDRI.
There are several things I'm not too happy with in the final result (The concrete texture in particular) but if was a fun exercise and gotta move on :)

Cheers,

Here's the reference for anyone interested.
https://www.nio.io/prod/s3fs-public/styles/colorbox_image_desktop_1x/public/2018-02/1-Exterior_High_Rear.jpg?MDM7ClDjb6JBNxGq6v15IiAjkoIeiBFs&itok=lfwIik9e

Magnus Skogsfjord

I think it looks really nice (no surprise).  The mood is so nice and dramatic.

Don't you think the concrete just suffers from a large scale? I'm just thinking that it was a bit miniature feeling given the hole sizes, but I'm not quite sure.

Will Gibbons

I think Magnus said it well. When I saw this on IG I wasn't sure if it was supposed to look like a toy or not. It must be the scale of the texture. Nice lighting. I've recently been pinning inspiration for some very dramatic lighting scenarios. I think it's one thing I want to practice quite a bit myself.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 24, 2018, 05:55:09 AM
I think it looks really nice (no surprise).  The mood is so nice and dramatic.
Don't you think the concrete just suffers from a large scale? I'm just thinking that it was a bit miniature feeling given the hole sizes, but I'm not quite sure.
Thanks! YEah, something is definitely wrong with the scaling. I should re-do the ground material when I get time for it.
Didn't consider how big an impact it would have on the sense of scale.

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 24, 2018, 08:06:51 AM
I think Magnus said it well. When I saw this on IG I wasn't sure if it was supposed to look like a toy or not. It must be the scale of the texture. Nice lighting. I've recently been pinning inspiration for some very dramatic lighting scenarios. I think it's one thing I want to practice quite a bit myself.
Yup, I think the scale of the concrete texture is guilty here. Didn't realised when I did the shot.
Thanks, looking forward to see what you come up with!

Shaun Wellens

I've seen all of this on Instagram but you can't have a true appreciation for it until you see it in high-res! Awesome work as always.

Oh, and I actually disagree with the scaling of the concrete being too big - I don't see an issue with it.

Looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread!