Bloom settings missing from image editor

Started by GaryDesignPro, April 21, 2018, 09:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryDesignPro

I am trying to add bloom to a rendering but when I click on the pencil icon and the image editor comes up there are no bloom settings showing?

I'm using KS6.3

Thanks,

Gary

TGS808

Hey Gary,

You're in the wrong place to add bloom. Your screen shot shows you're in the HDRI editor (used to modify/customize the environment). For bloom, go to the IMAGE tab. Check the EFFECTS box to activate the bloom controls.

GaryDesignPro

wow....Thanks very much...I spend so little time in the image tab I never noticed that.
I appreciate the post!

Turns out, I guess that wasn't what I needed.  I was looking to have a surface led look like it was glowing.....the bloom  seems to put a glow on the entire image.

Thanks again,

Gary

TGS808

I don't think you're going to be able to get that soft, glowing "halo" around your light in KeyShot. Best way to do it would be to separate the surface LED part of your model as a render layer and use Photoshop to add the glow effect you're looking for in post.

In the KeyShot + Photoshop video below, Richard shows how to do it. He starts talking about the exact thing you want to do (add glow to a light) at about 21:21. If you don't know how the render layers work, he goes over that earlier in video so just start at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/m9jVsI5NODE

GaryDesignPro

mattjgerard

Quote from: TGS808 on April 21, 2018, 01:33:13 PM
I don't think you're going to be able to get that soft, glowing "halo" around your light in KeyShot. Best way to do it would be to separate the surface LED part of your model as a render layer and use Photoshop to add the glow effect you're looking for in post.

In the KeyShot + Photoshop video below, Richard shows how to do it. He starts talking about the exact thing you want to do (add glow to a light) at about 21:21. If you don't know how the render layers work, he goes over that earlier in video so just start at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/m9jVsI5NODE

This is how I do the LED lights that I work on on my products. I also set up Layer Styles in photoshop so I can quickly add the effects to the separated layers.