Add. Mfging - Porosity

Started by vandermg, April 27, 2018, 09:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermg

Hello,

I'm having a bit of difficulty trying to replicate this porosity in a convincing manner and was wondering if somebody already had experience with textures such as these. I have tried creating various bump images, etc. and it still looks off...

crankin

Do you  have a reference photo?

mattjgerard

I think that is the reference photo. Looks to be a bone implant  for a hip joint or something.  I'm not too sure how to replicate that, other than looking for an image texture  of some sort.  Maybe if you had a real sample to look at you might be able to break down this  geometry into several  parts, like a base deformation, and then layer deformations on top of that to get the different levels of detail.

INNEO_MWo

Maybe in KeyShot 8 with a opacity map and displacement it would be possible. IMHO currently you'll need geometry.
It maybe a set in rings (offset from out to inner area) with a mesh in opacity would work?!? But I have to play with (next week).

Cheers
Marco

mattjgerard

Yeah, I see a mesh weave of geometry gunked up with some really small noise displacement and even more at a smaller level. That's going to get to be a really heavy piece of geometry real quick.

Finema

Hi
Perhaps, playing with fabric textures and roughness
Here a quick test on a metal tube

INNEO_MWo

vandermg

That looks great, thank you. I think that will work and allow us to bypass generating lattice structure models for each component.

Finema

I've find the texture on the cloud : Potato Sack

cjwidd