Suffer lags in KeyShot

Started by barryalen1992, May 24, 2018, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryalen1992

Recently probably after windows 10 updates. As I use KeyShot, I notice the app sometime freeze, or react very slow to my command. What is happening here? Help!

DMerz III

Well, it could be a whole range of causes. Are you working with high-poly count models? Working with NURBs turned on? Loading heavy resolution texture maps? Ray-bounces? What is your computer? RAM? CPU?

Also, the advice I've always been given is to turn down the processing power Keyshot uses for real-time rendering while you're working. The default is 100% and it is not likely your computer can resource 100% of your CPU all of the time (it needs processing power to run apps in the background, use the internet, receive emails, play Spotify, not to mention other apps you might have open and running). You can usually get away with turning down 1 core or 2 in the pull down menu towards the upper left portion of the screen. Maybe that will help?

gurmukhb

I have been having the same issue.  A few weeks ago Keyshot started to get really really slow and for some reason, final renders that used to take me 20 mins with the output I wanted now take multiple hours to complete.  As well I get a ton of lag when trying to work in keyshot and pretty much have to be in performance mode to move the model around.  My models are heavy but just a few weeks ago, keyshot wouldn't have the problems I am having with similar models I am rendering now.  I have been keeping labels off of my models just to make sure that isn't slowing anything down. 

I think something happened after a Windows 10 update, but that is just my assumption.  Anyone else having the same problems?  Anyone figured out how to fix it?  I definitely think something happened after a windows update.  And these slow renders are killing me and the work I need to get done.

DMerz III

Yikes, well now I am getting a bit scared, I just updated my work computer to Windows 10 after using 7 for so long. I haven't noticed a slow down yet, but I've also been using Network Rendering instead of local, will have to do some testing.