Export texture to Maya?

Started by Zvi, June 05, 2018, 06:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

I exported a FBX file From KeyShot to Maya, but it lacked the texture in Maya. Is there a way to solve it?

TGS808

If by "texture" you mean materials you assigned to the model in KeyShot, then there is no solution but to re-texture it (add materials/shaders) in Maya. KeyShot materials will not export out of KeyShot.

Zvi

I didn't mean to export the materials, but only the textures that cover the objects.

TGS808

What "textures that cover the objects" are you referring to? Can you provide a screen shot or and example? In KeyShot terminology, textures are only part of an overall material.

Zvi

Quote from: TGS808 on June 06, 2018, 11:36:30 AM
What "textures that cover the objects" are you referring to? Can you provide a screen shot or and example? In KeyShot terminology, textures are only part of an overall material.
I attached here an example to a model with texture I want to export to Maya.

TGS808

I could be wrong, but I think you're going to have to re-map all that leaf stuff in Maya. I exported the FBX to blender just as a test and it came in without the textures (Unless I did something wrong in blender, which could be). Since you actually have all the maps ready to go it shouldn't be too much of a task to set it up in Maya.

Zvi

Quote from: TGS808 on June 06, 2018, 01:03:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you're going to have to re-map all that leaf stuff in Maya. I exported the FBX to blender just as a test and it came in without the textures (Unless I did something wrong in blender, which could be). Since you actually have all the maps ready to go it shouldn't be too much of a task to set it up in Maya.
This is true when there is only one model to export, but when there are many different models that I want to export to Maya, it's really annoying.

TGS808

If you already have it all texture mapped and ready to go in KeyShot, why not just render it in KeyShot?

Zvi

Quote from: TGS808 on June 06, 2018, 04:23:13 PM
If you already have it all texture mapped and ready to go in KeyShot, why not just render it in KeyShot?
After I've made already animation in KeyShot I want to add dynamic affects like splashing water.