Panning down (or up) camera animation??

Started by theAVator, June 05, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

So I'm trying to create an animation where my assembly essentially stays put but performs the movements created for it in Creo. I want my camera to then orbit around it as it's doing such, and then raise up to a higher level and look down at the assembly from a higher angle.

I set the Camera Orbit animation, I set a Camera Translation animation (up in my case), but I don't see anything that would allow me to tilt or pan the camera down (or up), or set an orbit along the vertical axis.

How would one achieve this? Or is it not possible without setting up a camera before bringing it into Keyshot?

If it's something that's missing from the current version, could it be added to the list for future releases?

mattjgerard

Does your camera have a target assigned? I tend to use hidden spheres or other primitive objects not connected with the models to use as a camera target. Rarely is the model so perfectly made by the CAD peeps that I am able to use MODEL CENTER as the camera target.

Create a small sphere, set it as your camera target, get your camera pointed in the right direction by moving the sphere. When happy with it, hide the sphere. Works great.

theAVator

Does the camera then always point at the object?

I have the top level of my module set as the camera target, but it doesn't seem to track the target when I do the camera translate up. I can try throwing a primitive in there and targeting that, but I'm not sure it'll produce a different result.