Main Menu

Saving issue

Started by craoult, June 18, 2018, 01:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craoult

Hi everyone,
(sorry if my english isnt correct)

I'm a beginner at using Keyshot...
Here's my problem: when i save my document ("save as..."+ "save package"), if it happen i move the folder of my document, when i re-oppen my Keyshot document, all the links (labels) are missing. Do you know why? Is there any tips or window like Indesign when a link is missing you just have to re-download one link and then all the links are back again?

I'm working on Apple Mac OS 10.13.3
I'm using Keyshot 7.3.40

I guess my question is stupid for keyshot masters...but please help me. This is very disturbing when i lose all my labels ever time i re-open a document and i have to download again label after label...
Thank you for your help.

TGS808

Quote from: craoult on June 18, 2018, 01:41:03 AM
Is there any tips or window like Indesign when a link is missing you just have to re-download one link and then all the links are back again?

No, there isn't a feature like that.

If you are using Save Package, this should not happen. When you use Save Package, it will save your .bip file, and all your labels (PNGs, JPEGS or whatever you are using) as well as any texture and environment files into a single .ksp file. (Much like Packaging in InDesign includes all your links and fonts) When you open that .ksp, everything will be in its proper place. It's really the safest way to do it if you're concerned about your labels disappearing. If you just save the .bip to a folder and then move it out of that folder it's not going to find your linked files.