What type of KeyShot material can produce this material?

Started by fa2020, July 06, 2018, 10:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fa2020

Hi,
What type of KeyShot material can produce this material you see in this image?
The following is a Vray render.

INNEO_MWo

That is a translucent (advanced) material.
You should find similar postings in this forum.

Good luck
Marco

fa2020

Quote from: MWo on July 06, 2018, 09:41:13 PM
That is a translucent (advanced) material.
You should find similar postings in this forum.

Good luck
Marco
I tried but KeyShot cannot create such a brilliant transluscent and cloudy material.
Can you please share a rendered which has such a material you saw above?

INNEO_MWo

TGS808

Quote from: MWo on July 07, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
BDsign has posted a jade dragon that comes near to your request.

And I believe Eric's dragon was done in KS6. Results in KS7 will likely be even better.

PeterSwift

Quote from: fa2020 on July 06, 2018, 10:17:04 AM
Hi,
What type of KeyShot material can produce this material you see in this image?
The following is a Vray render.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocEsOtzFPm8&t=4121s
have a look at this new video vould help you out.
of course does lightning and how the 3d model is modeled, does night and day difference on top of adjusting the material.

RRIS

A cloudy plastic will do just fine. All you need is a completely black environment and two small strong light sources. One pin in the back to give you nice backscatter and one in the front to give you reflections on the front of the dragon. (I could probably raise the front panel a bit looking at my image now).
Then it's a cycle of tweaking the transmisison and cloudiness colors, transparency distance and cloudiness. Here's something I made very quickly (and at low samples, since I'm leaving the office now ;) )

RRIS

Here is one with a bit more time in it. Added an IES light going down from the top.
Basic cloudy plastic material. Boosted the saturation / curves a little in photoshop.

TGS808

Quote from: RRIS on July 11, 2018, 01:48:00 PM
Here is one with a bit more time in it. Added an IES light going down from the top.
Basic cloudy plastic material. Boosted the saturation / curves a little in photoshop.

Win. Nearly identical to the original example. So much for the superiority of V-Ray.  Well done.

TGS808

Quote from: fa2020 on July 07, 2018, 11:21:38 AM
I tried but KeyShot cannot create such a brilliant transluscent and cloudy material.

Ahh... It seems KeyShot can.

RRIS

It's 25% material settings and 75% lighting really.