Rhino Files (3DM) not importing

Started by MrTomB, July 10, 2018, 06:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTomB

i try and import a file like this and get told it cannot be imported as there is no 3d geometry and to change the view to shaded. It already is in shaded????

Rhino Version 6 SR6
(6.6.18177.16151, 26/06/2018)

Keyshot 7.3.40

Windows 10

TGS808

26 kb is pretty small for a 3D file so the fact that it says it contains no 3D geometry doesn't surprise me. I'm not really familiar with Rhino but it says "Inside Rhino, please select View/Shaded prior to saving it." Did you do that? Did you select  "View/Shaded" in Rhino before you saved it?

scanner

This model is a simple box and it opened in Rhino 6 successfully. But Rhino 6 file really do not open in KS for me too.

MrTomB

Quote from: TGS808 on July 10, 2018, 12:25:16 PM
26 kb is pretty small for a 3D file so the fact that it says it contains no 3D geometry doesn't surprise me. I'm not really familiar with Rhino but it says "Inside Rhino, please select View/Shaded prior to saving it." Did you do that? Did you select  "View/Shaded" in Rhino before you saved it?

Yes, as per my first post, it is already shaded. Its a simple box as the file is just an example file as I cannot share our working files but the issue is the same

MrTomB

Quote from: scanner on July 10, 2018, 10:39:32 PM
This model is a simple box and it opened in Rhino 6 successfully. But Rhino 6 file really do not open in KS for me too.

Ahh, it maybe that it is Rhino 6, I dont recall it happening before we upgraded