Keyshot animations crash computer when opened in Premiere Pro

Started by generalmotion@gmail.com, July 13, 2018, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalmotion@gmail.com

When I try to import both AVI and MP4 animations into Premiere my screen goes black and the computer freezes up.  Adobe has not been helpful. I'm able to create the animation from the frames themselves but this seems like an issue that should be addressed.  I'm using a windows 10 Processor i7-8700K CPU and Quadro M2000 video card.

PeterSwift

Never experienced that. And using frames is superior to the video file as you probably know. 
So it's the video file that is possibly doing this? Tried different format or do you even need to import it? :)

I get my Mac to freeze when I have chrome, keyshot open and opening Photoshop, It freezes but I can move the mouse. Always when I open Photoshop. :) Not sure what program is causing it :)

mattjgerard

So you have the AVi and the frame stacks from Keyshot? How are you creating the video files from the frames? Do you have the ability to try importing the frame stack into After Effects or even Photoshop, just to rule out an issue with Premiere? I have not had problems with any of them loading in the frame stacks, but I never render video files out of KS directly.

Also, I think Adobe Media Encoder can also read and load in frame stacks, so you can try that as well. Premiere in my experience has been fairly robust in being able to read pretty much any file if it is a legal not corrupted video file.

generalmotion@gmail.com

I talked with Adobe again and this time they were helpful.  They reinstalled all the MS Visual C++ Redistributable files.  After that, the MP4 import worked fine.  The AVI files still crash the system.  I will need to erase all of them because just opening the folder they are in Premiere crashes the system.     

I will in the future just create the video from the frames and not use the video files created from keyshot. 

Adobe recommended this: " I would recommend a higher quality export from Keyshot.  Cineform, DNx, ProRes, DPX, EXR...something professional."

I creating the video in premiere sounds like the best highest quality option.

Thanks for your help.