material with specified name already exists

Started by RRIS, July 17, 2018, 02:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRIS

FYI: I'm using the latest available version of Keyshot 7 and I'm working with just 1 model set (so no name duplicates exist anywhere in my scene).
I'm cleaning up material names, linking them as much as possible and removing all the #'s from the material names. I still get this message popup a lot, while there's no duplicate materials remaining in my scene.
I thought I read somewhere that this was solved in Keyshot 7?

monson67

Yes, you probably read that here: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=19711.0

I keep running into the issue also. The name I'm trying to assign to the material is not assigned to any other object in the scene, and it is not in the scene's material list (found at the bottom of the Material editor window or at the bottom of the Scene window, under the Materials tab). I've tried restarting KeyShot, and even though that name still doesn't appear in the Materials list, it won't let me use that name.

Luxion... this is still a bug.

RRIS

Never heard anything about this from the luxion team... is this solved in KS8?

monson67

Unless there are other scenarios that still trigger this issue, it seems to be fixed. From what I can tell, KeyShot is doing a better job at clearing materials (that aren't applied to any objects in the scene) from its cache. I'll update if I run into this again. Thanks Luxion!