strange material behaviour with different file import methods

Started by al_jot, July 26, 2018, 02:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_jot

Hi Keyshooters,

I have some serious problems with materials (textures) on different imported modells.

I'm working on Keyshot 7.3.40 with Rhino6 SR6 2018-6-26 on a hp Z420 workstation.

Attached you'll find two KS7 (-package) files with basically the same geometry, and two renderings representing these KS files. One modell was imported using the Rhino6 KS Plugin, the other one was imported by using the import option in KS. For testing, I added a cube from the "add geometry" command in KS.
As you can see, the material, which was created in KS7 differs on each modell. Moreover, I could not manage to get the brush texture working on the plugin imported geometry.

I hope someone can help me, finding a solution (not workaround!!) to that.

Many thanks in advance.

INNEO_MWo

Hello al_jot.

I don't know the reason, but the geometry seems to loose the units. So I changed it to m and back to mm.
Then I re-calculated the normals. And changed the material of the watch housing.
I guess this geometry needs UV coordinates to create the right brush direction.

You can set the bump height of both textures to your liking.

And one additional tip: uncheck the "sync" option if you duplicate a brushed texture with gold colors to the bump channel. So you can change the bump colors to black an white to control the bumps. (otherwise the cold colors will be de-saturated and the contrast between color 1 and 2 would be too low to recognize any bumps).

Cheers
Marco

al_jot