Main Menu

need something to do

Started by Öner, August 12, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Öner

Hello there,

i have a lots of ideas to make keyshot useful.

1) please add x,y,z to gumball during the moving the parts or objects.
2)please add shortcut to copy and paste animation such as CTRL+c and CTRL+v, it's really hard to make copy and then paste the same animation for multi parts.  i click right and then choose the paste animation at all time.
3)keyshot can offer us optimum and minimum render quality after we choose the resolution.
4)lighting and enviroment animation.
5)guides and snap options like photoshop.  its hard to align the models each ether.
6)sometimes there is a problem while encoding the video, so if there is a plugin or something like that, later i can encode the video within frames.

Thanks in advance.

INNEO_MWo

Here are my comments to this wish list:

- What do you mean by adding X, Y, Z? You can toggle the transition options (linear movements, rotation and scaling) within the move tool dialog, but type the values in the position area of the scene tab.

2) please add shortcut to copy and paste animation such as CTRL+c and CTRL+v,  ...
- I'm sure that many users would appreciate this function as a shortcut

3) KeyShot can offer us optimum and minimum render quality after we choose the resolution.

- That's a tough one. What are the parameter for optimum render quality? You can always use max samples mode, set sample value to 10,000 and stop rendering when you're happy with the result (or let it calculate the pixels even they don't change, noticeable)

4) lighting and enviroment animation.
You can apply an EXR or HDR to the diffuse channel of an emissive material or area light. So you can animate this sphere.
Or you can move the part and the camera in the same direction / rotation. So you'll get the effect of a moving environment.
But you can't animate the parameter of an environment, like sun&sky, or any parameter of the background or pins.

5) guides and snap options like photoshop
That is currently the job of the modelling tool. You can also select an object as a pivot and align the moving part with the pivot (and move relative from this position).

6) sometimes there is a problem while encoding the video, so if there is a plugin or something like that, later i can encode the video within frames.
Just do this in post. Render animation frames and merge them together with every codec you like. This method gives you more control and additional features KeyShot doesn't support yet.

Perhaps these workarounds would help until we get these as features.

Cheers
Marco

Öner

Quote from: MWo on August 13, 2018, 06:15:53 AM
Here are my comments to this wish list:

- What do you mean by adding X, Y, Z? You can toggle the transition options (linear movements, rotation and scaling) within the move tool dialog, but type the values in the position area of the scene tab.

2) please add shortcut to copy and paste animation such as CTRL+c and CTRL+v,  ...
- I'm sure that many users would appreciate this function as a shortcut

3) KeyShot can offer us optimum and minimum render quality after we choose the resolution.

- That's a tough one. What are the parameter for optimum render quality? You can always use max samples mode, set sample value to 10,000 and stop rendering when you're happy with the result (or let it calculate the pixels even they don't change, noticeable)

4) lighting and enviroment animation.
You can apply an EXR or HDR to the diffuse channel of an emissive material or area light. So you can animate this sphere.
Or you can move the part and the camera in the same direction / rotation. So you'll get the effect of a moving environment.
But you can't animate the parameter of an environment, like sun&sky, or any parameter of the background or pins.

5) guides and snap options like photoshop
That is currently the job of the modelling tool. You can also select an object as a pivot and align the moving part with the pivot (and move relative from this position).

6) sometimes there is a problem while encoding the video, so if there is a plugin or something like that, later i can encode the video within frames.
Just do this in post. Render animation frames and merge them together with every codec you like. This method gives you more control and additional features KeyShot doesn't support yet.

Perhaps these workarounds would help until we get these as features.

Cheers
Marco

at first, thank you for your answers. 

1) sometimes, when i move up any model in animation it moves through Z axis, but if i move the model manually it moves through the Y axis.  that the why i confused. finall; the symbol of each axis can appear while using gumball.

3) keyshot can offer the optimum settings after we chose the resolution.  i think this will help specially new users, but its not must.

4) thanks for that.

5) layout for animation is hard to to while models are too big.

6) quickplayer is a good choice for that but it doesnt give the video as .avi.  movie maker sucks everytime.  adobe premiere is very expensive to buy just for this problem.

mattjgerard

1) Switch be tween Local and Global axis to see if it fixes this problem. I have this too from models that come from Cinema sometimes. I drag up on the Y and it moves either opposite or it moves sideways. When moving parts I usually am in the Global coordinates to prevent this from happening.

Öner

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 13, 2018, 07:26:45 AM
1) Switch be tween Local and Global axis to see if it fixes this problem. I have this too from models that come from Cinema sometimes. I drag up on the Y and it moves either opposite or it moves sideways. When moving parts I usually am in the Global coordinates to prevent this from happening.

it sounds good, thank you.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 13, 2018, 07:26:45 AM

Not every object support local axis (coordinates) - e.g. files from Rhino. This can cause the confusion while moving.
And there is a known bug with Creo Parametric files with wrong movements with duplicated parts. But this bug is hard to recreate, cause it happens not often.
An import of a neutral format fix that problem. (Hope in KS8 this is solved.)

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco