automatic render number

Started by germannick, August 22, 2018, 01:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

How can the automatic render file numbering be deactivated?
For every rendering I execute, I need to delete this unnecessary number first.

Furniture_Guy

Sorry, I called Support on this and sadly there's no way to get rid of it.

With output using Multi-Materials, we use 'A Better File Rename' to get rid of them and then rename them all to our proper full SAP sku.

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

theAVator

I hate it too. Unfortunately though because of security, we have very few options for third party applications and because of the one-off nature of my renders, I typically have to rename with each render. For me it's not a huge issue, but I can def. see if someone was outputting hundreds or thousands of images that it could be a super pain in the booty. 

mattjgerard

I have to use utilities to rename as well, back when I was working ona mac it was what perry uses, A Better Finder Renamer, but now on windowze i use Bulk Rename Here. Gets the job done.

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: theAVator on August 23, 2018, 05:52:59 AM
I hate it too. Unfortunately though because of security, we have very few options for third party applications and because of the one-off nature of my renders, I typically have to rename with each render. For me it's not a huge issue, but I can def. see if someone was outputting hundreds or thousands of images that it could be a super pain in the booty.

Yes, it is a booty pain for sure. At last count we're up to 130,000 images...

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

germannick

The renaming is just a an extra and unnecessary step. In my case I had to replace those numbers 6500+ times with "_ISO_RE"
Maybe Python might bare a solution to add "_ISO_RE" automatically after the standard file name but I am clueless how to write it.
Anyways, I would like to see this automatic numbering to be gone or able to be turned on/off in the preference menu.