Textures Suddenly Not Working Correctly

Started by Austin64, September 06, 2018, 12:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin64

I used to be able to create an object using some boxes and apply textures to that object. Then I could take that group of boxes and textures, duplicate it, and move it around and have an exact copy of that box anywhere I want. Now when i do the same thing, the textures stay in the EXACT same place as the original object I made the texture on, and the new object that has been copied is just invisible.

In the image you will see that the front texture has magically copied correctly, I think is because the texture is infinitely duplicating itself backwards and forwards, so the next model behind it will get the texture with this strange bug I am seeing. However a Texture on the side, just sits in the same place and does not duplicate or move its position with the moving of the object itself.

I have no idea how to solve this, and I am kind of new to keyshot so any help is greatly appreciated.

Austin64

Update as I am playing around with it. Finding more weird artifacts in this bugged scene.
If i turn a copied model 3 degrees suddenly the side texture appears on it very awkwardly.... this is really strange. Why would it suddenly behave this way??

It would seem that the move object too lis ONLY move the objects themselves and doesn't seem to care about the texture moving with it.

Austin64

For anyone that runs across this thread in the future. It seems i didn't have this Pc updated so it was causing texture errors and not warning me. So make sure your's and your co-workers keyshots are actually up to date!