Main Menu

Gas Turbine

Started by RocketNut, August 06, 2011, 12:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketNut

A gas turbine for a engine I am working on.

Tiho Ramovic

Nice model ;)

If you want it to look even more complex insert more cross sections that are slightly offset from each other, instead of one planar cross section

Speedster

Neat model!  Another useful trick is to paint the cut edges in offsetting colors- red is common, as is blue.  Be sure to map the surfaces in your CAD app first.  Here's an example of both offset edges and color from a recent project.  Bright and nasty colors are what my client wanted- don't blame me!
Bill G

RocketNut

I'm using KeyShot that came with my CAD package. It will not allow me to have multi sectional cuts or be able to paint the edges in different colors. I am still learning KeyShot meaning it might allow the different sectional views and colors I just don't know at this time. 

DougieK

Assigning things to different layers in the CAD package is a way of allocating different colours etc in KS

ricardo99

What was the original program the Turbine was done in? I am using Solidedge and I am trying to get the layer cuts and the exploded views through to Keyshot but as yet I have been unsuccessful.  I have had to do it all by hand which is not as neat and time consuming.

RocketNut

I am using Alibre Expert. I to do not know how to use the layering commands. The way I did the pic was to sectional view in Alibre then imported in to KeyShot. I wanted to more more colors for the parts but KeyShot would not allow me to that.