KS plugin for Rhino

Started by zooropa, September 26, 2018, 05:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

HI. I apologize in advance for posting in this section. Unfortunately did not have any replies at the Plugin section.

I would like to know, after closing my file, how can I keep working in the same scenario from KS (linked to Rhino) and updating it.
I really like the workflow, but I am struggling to keep working on the same KS file and my Rh scenario once I turn off my computer.

mattjgerard

I had this issue with live linking and cinema. I really want it to work, but there is little documentation as to its limitations, like what you can and can't do, hierarchy changes, how it adds stuff or deals with changes. I tried for a week to get it to work reliably  then my workload took over and I gave up and just exported stuff using the plugin.

zooropa

Quote from: mattjgerard on September 26, 2018, 06:01:25 AM
I had this issue with live linking and cinema. I really want it to work, but there is little documentation as to its limitations, like what you can and can't do, hierarchy changes, how it adds stuff or deals with changes. I tried for a week to get it to work reliably  then my workload took over and I gave up and just exported stuff using the plugin.

Oh thats a shame. It really enhanced my workflow. But It only works when finishing the project without closing the file.

mattjgerard

Quote from: zooropa on September 27, 2018, 01:14:18 AM
Oh thats a shame. It really enhanced my workflow. But It only works when finishing the project without closing the file.

Yeah, that's a problem. Seems a bit wonky when trying to continue work the next day. IT restarts our computers every night so I can't leave projects open.