Main Menu

Snow scene

Started by abedsabeh, October 07, 2018, 03:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

I wanted to have a dramatic scene. So I added some trees with snow, mountains in the back and displaced snow everywhere. I used the DOF, photographic image style, gloom and chromatic aberration. I can tell that KeyShot 8 ROCKS :)

KeyShot

Your snow images look awesome. One little detail in this image is the snow on the trees in focus looks a bit too smooth and rounded. How did you model it?

abedsabeh

Quote from: KeyShot on October 07, 2018, 10:07:45 PM
Your snow images look awesome. One little detail in this image is the snow on the trees in focus looks a bit too smooth and rounded. How did you model it?

Thank you!

Yes I know that the snow is a bit too smooth and rounded. I am trying to get some more shots where I will displace those particles with N-Map so the shape will be modified randomly. It is not so easy to displace all the snow on the trees. It is time consuming to read all the model parts specially when the scale is big. So I will only do the displacement where the object is closer to the camera and lets see how it goes.

Those were particles done and simulated for each tree separately in Maya.

By the way for the final render I had to crank up the terrain MAX triangles to 500 millions with a resolution of 0.001 to get some nice snow details  :) it took like 10 minutes to simulate the displacement and it turned out much better!

Magnus Skogsfjord

It kinda looks like a miniature model with the strong DoF, but that doesn't take away the fact that it looks really awesome. Love the bokeh and the wet snow look!