Realtime View / Rendering broken in KS8

Started by Mario Stockinger, October 09, 2018, 02:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario Stockinger

I use the 3D Models (production plants) i get from our engineering team, and sometimes they move the pipes into each other or other parts don't fit 100% and
"collide" because they want to save time.

In KS7 this was never an issue for the render result. Now in KS8 when I'm in realtime view (without performance mode) i can see that there are issues with the preview - Image view1  and  also in the result.

I tested different render modes, all have the same problem....

When you switch to performance mode you can't see this. (View2.png)

I have many parts with collisions, so it's almost impossible to fix all situations.....

Mario Stockinger

If you need the model - i can send you the KSP File so you can do some testing.

At the moment it's a big problem for me to use KS8 because of this render issue....

mattjgerard

Yeah, that's a problem. I don't have an answer other than manually correcting, as that's exactly what I have to do many times with files from my drafters, but my models are quite simple compared to yours, so its not a huge problem just an annoyance. But I'm following this to see if anyone has some good ideas.

Rex

There was no change to the way co-planar surfaces are handled between KS7 and KS8 so it's quite strange you see a difference. Can you please share a KS7 scene that displays the issue when opened in 8? You can send via keyshot.wetransfer.com to rex@luxion.com

Thanks

sleby

Have you tried scaling down one of the pipes to like 0.999? I think you would not see the size difference but this collisions might disappear.

mattjgerard

Quote from: sleby on October 11, 2018, 11:17:44 PM
Have you tried scaling down one of the pipes to like 0.999? I think you would not see the size difference but this collisions might disappear.

I think what they are saying is that yeah, they could do that, but 1) never had to before and 2) would take forever due to the sheer number of collisions in the model. Not sure there is a good solution.

Mario Stockinger

From this bip file i have only the Keyshot8 version.

I did some testing with the script - my problem is that there are up to 3 parts in the same space that have the z fight issue. So the script can't fix that.

I'll have to solve that manual once i have set up the spheric cameras. I'll render sphere images for krpano to use them for a VR Tour.
Thx for the support.

mattjgerard

You can use the "Export for Keyshot 6" option in 8 then open it in 7 if you aren't using any specific functions or materials that restrict you to KS8, at least that  would allow some troubleshooting to happen, but not real helpful if you are deep into the project.