What would I get upgrading from V6pro for Zbrush?

Started by kirk2345, October 09, 2018, 07:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk2345

I see an upgrade offer  in my Zbrush licenses and would like to figure out what new features may I get .  I used my  V6pro for a couple weeks only and then abandoned. 

I was interested mostly in rendering fiber mesh heirs and scattered micro mesh instances . Those thing I love to do in Zbrush directly without all the hassle of recreating it in big 3d soft . But unfortunately Keyshot couldn't do it well . It seems didn't support instancing at all  , took forever to transfer such things from Zbrush.  Couldn't render alpha transparency of micro meshes casting shadows properly and  in general it took forever to render things in acceptable low noise quality.  Also the passes was terrible .       Maybe I just haven't learned  it enough I am not sure.

I have just installed Keyshot8 trial  and see no much of a difference so far.    Am I missing something?   Any  modern cool AI based de-noising ?    Any Zbrush to Keyshot  speed improvement?    I actually can't try that part since couldn't find working bridge to v8 on Zbrush side.     The transfer speed would be enough but I guess  it should get a deeper integration somehow , instancing support etc.  Have it?

KeyShot

KeyShot does support the things you are asking for. The transfer of data from ZBrush to KeyShot happens through the ZBrush bridge, which is developed by Pixologic. For large meshes it may take some time to transfer all the geometry to KeyShot. KeyShot does support instancing and has done so for a long time (also in v6). I am not sure if the ZBrush bridge uses instancing. If you can share one or more models with us at beta@luxion.com (please share a KeyShot package file) that shows the workflow issues you are experiencing then we are happy to look into it and talk to Pixologic about it.