Textured White Metal Finish

Started by LondonRender, October 10, 2018, 02:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LondonRender

Hi all,

I'm currently having some issues with a product i'm rendering and I would be very grateful if somebody could give me some advice please.

The issue is that I have been able to render my product in black, although I am really struggling to get the same finish but in white.

When trying to change the colour on the black finish to white I get a silver finish. Therefore, I have tried other methods and materials and the best white I can achieve is below.

Be very grateful is somebody could give me some tips, still very new to Keyshot.

Thanks,

JoshASharp

If you are looking to get texture onto the white plastic looking material similar to the finish on the black metal, I would:

select the white material
change material type to - plastic
then go to texture tab, select bump.
underneath bump there is a dropdown menu, select that and find Noise (texture)

Then adjust and play with scaling, I hope that helps

jhiker

Also bear in mind that the lighting environment can make a huge difference to the appearance of your materials. What looks silver in one might look white in another.

RRIS

It also depends on what you want to make... 'white metal' simply doesn't exist. You need to know what finish the metal has. Is it anodised aluminium? In that case it can only ever get a light silvery finish. White metal basically means that you paint or coat the metal, in which case you lose the 'metallic' look and can simply use a paint shader.