A quick question about color composite properties!

Started by pf131, October 11, 2018, 07:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pf131

Everybody is good! I want to ask a question that has been bothering me for a long time. What is the function of the parameters in the red circle of the following picture?
Official documents never mentioned him. Can you explain his role?
I will be very grateful!

pf131

Or maybe I need to say why I'm asking this question. I'm from China, and I'm writing a textbook for keyshot for a small nonprofit website, and it's just our interest, and we won't get paid for it. We only aim to help more people recognize keyshot. I believe! I will gain more while helping others.

I tried to find the answer to this question, but now coming here for help seems to be my only option. Because my English is so poor, it limits my ability to search for answers.
https://keyshot.pro/

Rex

Hi there,

I can see that this info isn't documented in the respective manual section: https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K8M/pages/311886096/Utility+Node+Types

We will supplement with this info.

pf131

Quote from: Rex on October 11, 2018, 08:24:36 AM
Hi there,

I can see that this info isn't documented in the respective manual section: https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K8M/pages/311886096/Utility+Node+Types

We will supplement with this info.

Hello! I'm very glad that you replied my questions at the first time!

It didn't seem to solve my confusion. But still very grateful.

I expect keyshot to take the Chinese market seriously because there are too many of them.

Expect keyshot to make more Chinese textbooks on this subject.

Thank you very much!

soren

As Rex wrote above, we will add to the manual to explain it better.

In the mean time, here is a breakdown:
If you enable 'Clip using Source' the alpha output of Color Composite will be clipped using the Source texture alpha. This means areas where the source texture is fully opaque/transparent will also be fully opaque/transparent when output.

See the difference between ClipSourceOn.png and ClipSourceOff.png - here the source has a useful alpha channel we wish to limit our texture area to and we have used another texture to multiply it with that does not have this alpha.

You can furthermore attach a 'Clipping Mask' texture to the Color Composite which will multiply the output value with a value based on the Color, Red, Green, Blue or Alpha of the clipping mask.

Hope this helps,
Søren

pf131

Quote from: Søren on October 11, 2018, 11:12:05 AM
As Rex wrote above, we will add to the manual to explain it better.

In the mean time, here is a breakdown:
If you enable 'Clip using Source' the alpha output of Color Composite will be clipped using the Source texture alpha. This means areas where the source texture is fully opaque/transparent will also be fully opaque/transparent when output.

See the difference between ClipSourceOn.png and ClipSourceOff.png - here the source has a useful alpha channel we wish to limit our texture area to and we have used another texture to multiply it with that does not have this alpha.

You can furthermore attach a 'Clipping Mask' texture to the Color Composite which will multiply the output value with a value based on the Color, Red, Green, Blue or Alpha of the clipping mask.

Hope this helps,
Søren

Hi there, Søren.
Your reply is very helpful to me! I should have come here earlier to ask for help.
When I saw this, my first reaction was to turn on keyshot, follow your steps to copy and understand it.
I think this function is great, it can make our work better.
Due to the time difference between America and China, I cannot express my gratitude to you as soon as possible. I feel very sorry for that.
I plan to include this process in my keyshot tutorial so that our partners can share it, because I find it interesting.
Tutorials will probably cover screenshots and your name as well as Rex. I think it would be better to ask your permission before doing something.
Have fun, thank you!

soren

Hi,

I am glad that this helped you. I would prefer if you could hold back the screenshots and wait a bit until we get the manual updated - we are working on improving it in general.

Thank you,
Søren

pf131

Good! I take back that bad idea.
Looking forward to the new manual!
Have fun! Thank you very much!

pf131

Thank you!

Update very quickly and marvel at your productivity!