Main Menu

Jeep Wrangler 4 door

Started by feher, August 13, 2011, 12:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

I got the the dome and backplates from Moofe. It's in the free section.
I tweeked the dome with HDRLightStudio.
Rendered in Keyshot of course.
Did some post work in Photoshop.
Enjoy,
Tim

Chad Holton

Spectacular! Wonder how the lights would look with a small touch of bloom? The rocks look a little funny, some have DOF and some don't that should...

feher

Thanks for the suggestions and comments.
Here is an updated image.
Tim

elliasp

Ok, your renders are perfect. You know how to use Keyshot for sure. But your renders are (sorry to say this) too "real".

If I can give you some advices : (excuse me for my words, my english is very bad, I don't know how to explain this)

- When you use blur on keyshot (like in real photography) It makes the feeling that the object is small (like a tiny model). So, if you want to have the feeling of a real car, don't use blur (because if you use blur, it seems to be a toy...).

- Second advice : you should try filters on photoshop to enhance your photos (or renders) to make it less "real". For exemple, there is TOPAZ ADJUST, with a lot of preset and will make your photos more "professionnal" (but be careful, TOPAZ effects are really strong : in advertising we use it very carefuly)

here is the website :
http://www.topazlabs.com/adjust/#3

and here is an exemple below : classic render of an interior and you will see it's more "professionnal with topaz effect... (darker)

Try it on your jeep render  :)

feher

Thanks Elliasp,
For the tips and suggestions. What a great set of filters !
Here is an updated version with your suggestion.
Thanks again.
Tim

elliasp

And... What do you think of this ?...

Excuse me, I took your image, but I though it's easy to comment a picture, but it's better to show, no ?...  ;)

Ed

Elliasp - I like your version and Tim's version equally.  Depends on the desired mood you wish to present.  The added glare on the right side is a nice touch.

I downloaded the Topaz Adjust filters and want to try them.  Can you explain which you used in the Jeep render?

Ed

Chad Holton

I'm with Ed - they all look great!  :o
The dirt on the tire tread is always a nice touch with offroad pics... I'm leaning toward the blotchy tire over the revised version, but that is just my taste.

feher

Elliasp,
Thanks for the example, You are talking giving it a stylized look. Your version is very cool for sure.
It's a double head sword, if I go the stylized way I'm taking the focus off the Jeep and putting it on my style of art.
It will all depend on who I'm doing the image for. Is it a personal piece or is it for a client.
I do like your version but be careful where you put the glare, it forces my eye right off the page and not back to the Jeep.
My rule of thumb when it comes to glares and highlights is they are better felt then seen.  I hope that made some sense.
This has turned into a great discussion. Thanks again for helping. It is always welcome !
Tim

elliasp

@ Ed : in fact, try some presets with TOPAZ ADJUST, but do it on a copy layer of your photo. After the effect is done, give some transparency to your layer effect to decrease the level of effect.

Actually I'm in my old computer, so I don't have Topaz on it, I did a mix of textures and color balance on photoshop.

Please find below the PSD file in low res, you will see how I did.  :)

@ Cholton and Tim : I don't care what you think, I'm the best  ;D

Tiho Ramovic

Nice renders people ;)
Great tips on how to make realistic images...

Tiho

feher

OK here is my last render of the Jeep.
I took Elliasp suggestions and went with a more stylize image but also keep the focus on the Jeep.
I used a free Moofe background and did some post on it using photoshop, using the Topaz Adjust filter. Reccommended by Elliasp.
Tweaked the HDR from Moofe using HDRLightStusio. (Love that software)
Rendered in Keyshot. IMO the best rendering software out.
Did just a little post in Photoshop.
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions, which are always welcome.
Enjoy
Tim

Ed

Nice Tim!  Passes for a photo in my opinion.

The river rocks really pop, and the darker foreground frames the Jeep really well.  My eye goes straight for the Jeep.

I've been using the Topaz Adjust filters for a day and it will be fun to experiment further.  I found it does change the color of the main subject ( I notice the Jeep is more red now, unless you purposely altered it in PS).  I'm going to try either tweaking my materials to compensate, bring back some of the color from the original render layer, or make a clown pass and tweak the subject's color in PS.

Keep posting and let us know your settings.

Ed

elliasp

Very cool, I love the last render !  :)

feher

Thanks guys !
Ed,
I rerendered the Jeep in Red..lol I used the Topaz filter on the background only. then rendered the Jeep on it.

Elliasp,
Thanks alot for the Topaz filter suggestion. Do you recommend any others ?
Tim