Keyshot 8 unstable with large file from Zbrush

Started by wayneheim, October 17, 2018, 12:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayneheim

Having a devil of a time with 8 and this large model sent to Keyshot via Zbrush bridge. File goes just fine but Keyshot keeps crashing. Even caused 2 blue screens. Never get blue screens. When I first open the file and try to rotate the camera around it works no problem. If I'm in the file for a few minutes and then try to slide the camera, Keyshot tries to think about moving and just get caught in a thinking mode. Massive memory usage. Clocked 91 gigs of memory usage and let it tick down for about 1/2 hour down to about 50 but never released. Can move the camera and suck when I first open the saved file. Crazy frustrating. Also, using translucent materials BTW.

Rex

wayneheim

It's a super large file. Hopefully it will go.

Btw, I recreated the scene in7.3 and no crashing. Now I'm using the new spot lights in the v8 scene. Not sure if that is contributing as well. The blue screen was the most crazy part. I used to get them on my old over clocked i7 if I pushed things to long and too hard.. mostly keyshot would crash cause the overclock wasnt 100% stable for longer renders. This machine is a dual xeon so no over clicking and never had an issue. Just some more data. I'll send it tomorrow.

Wayne.

Rex

Thanks for sending the file. Was the one you sent created in 7 or 8?

I'm not seeing any issues with memory consumption or crashing .

wayneheim

It was created in 8. If you have the file open for a couple minutes, then try moving the camera with your mouse by clicking. (you will have to click and hold waiting for KS to generate a lowres preview) then you can drag the camera. This works at the very beginning but if you do it a few times or do it after the file has been open for some time, it will trigger massive thinking delays  or never ending thinking and/or a crash.  When I try to move the camera like this in the duplicated scene I made in 7 it works flawlessly and almost instantaneously. It is after it get stuck in one of these thinking modes when I see the massive bloom in memory usage.