Keyshot 8 Crashs when Starting Render

Started by AHDDdesigner, October 18, 2018, 12:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHDDdesigner

If a Model uses one of the «new» Materials of Version 8, the Application freezes completely when starting a Render.
If only «old» Materials are in use (such as a simple e.g. chrome), the Render works properly.

Keyshot Version 8.0.247
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 / 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Rex

Can you send this information along with a scene that demonstrates the crash to support@luxion.com

Thanks!

jordantheperson

I am seeing the same issue on a 2013 iMac. I can get simple renderings to work using a select number of samples (64) and with GI turned off. Displacements worked on a render. If I try to use render queue, GI or a timed render my machine completely freezes and restarts on its own. Right now its hard to tell what is causing it other than the system being overloaded or overloaded improperly. Im not a software developer. I have a call with tech support today.

Willydog

Just started happening to me too.
Last week fine, this week as I go to render it opens the render screen, looks like it is going to render, shows about 2 seconds of processing, although no image appears, machine freezes, then after about 10 seconds the computer closes and reboots.
Of course Customer presentation tomorrow!

Have just tried a simple cube, applied a fabric and rendered- OK
Reverted back to file and crash!
(Both with BIP and KSP files)

Imported some files previously rendered in Keyshot 7 - same - crash.
Re-tried them in 7 - all OK

Shut down, opened 8, opened a demo file - "ice water" - crash.
Simple cube test agin - worked

MacBook Pro Retina 15" late 2013
2.3ghz intel i7
16gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Rex

The issue should be fixed in KeyShot 8.1. Please contact support@luxion.com for an 8.1 build.

Thank you

Willydog

Willydog

Just to confirm that the update (8.1.35) has worked - Thank you