Perspective View

Started by Scorch, April 13, 2010, 01:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorch

When importing an assembly in Pro/e WF3, the assembly appears to be in a perspective view. Things that are perpendicular to the viewing plane in Pro/e are now in a perspective viewin KeyShot. I have looked for a setting to correct this but I have not found any. This happens while using Pro/e or Solidworks. Can anybody point me in the right direction to get this corrected.

guest84672

You will need to change the focal length to a large number to eliminate the perspective.

We are currently not reading the camera information from Pro/E nor SolidWorks.

Sam

Change focal length over 85mm this will limit the perspective deformation.
(it does look strange to go from isometric to perspective but this enhances the realism.)

Scorch

Thanks, that worked.

I played with the numbers a little bit, but I did not make any drastic changes. I finally settled in with a value of 1500.

Again thanks for the help.

Sam

1500! that is a lot!

FYI : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion_(optics)

You should relate to your photocamera principle, if you put 18mm you have a wide angle and a lot of distortion, but the higher you put the number , it's like looking in a telelens. the distortion decreases.
100-150 is a good start for products, for me. It also depends on what scene you have to render.

maybe a screenshot? could explain a lot!

Namssorg

QuoteWe are currently not reading the camera information from Pro/E nor SolidWorks.

I would love to be able to import a camera that I created in SolidWorks, for use in Keyshot.  There have been a number of times where I want to save a wireframe or hidden-lines screenshot out of solidworks and drop it on top of a Keyshot rendering (This looks very cool!)  I currently have to go back and forth between the two programs, and try to guess where the camera and target are.  It takes a lot of time and luck to get a decent match.

guest84672

Noted - we have this option for the Creo plugin.