just jewelry

Started by Saskia, November 04, 2018, 07:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saskia

some jewelry designs - done in KeyShot 6

regards,
Saskia

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Absolutely love that! Usually, this kind of work is done by Niello technique!
So, it's better spend more time on the material to make it look great. You can use curvature texture to do that!

Saskia

Pouya, thanks for your constructive feedback  :)

My intention creating this bangle was: "ancient treasure out of the sea"
attached you'll find just jewelry - just real, manufactured in Aurum 750/000

regards,
Saskia

KeyShot

Beautiful! Amazing detail. It would be great to see these in KeyShot 8 and perhaps pair it with KeyVR to get a 3d experience :)

Saskia

Quote from: KeyShot on November 06, 2018, 08:37:16 PM
Beautiful! Amazing detail. It would be great to see these in KeyShot 8 and perhaps pair it with KeyVR to get a 3d experience :)

Thank You!
on my website I'm showing most of my models paired with KeyVR

some more images, still in KeyShot 6  ;)  but soon in KeyShot 8  :) :
Cufflinks, Radiant Cut Diamond Ring and again the bangle, allowing better comparison (photo added into KeyShot)

regards,
Saskia

Will Gibbons

Awesome! I think you could use a little warm light and a little cool light to match the jewelry photo you used as image reference. Also, would be nice to see how KeyShot 8's tone mapping could help manage those highlights.

Saskia

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 09, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
Awesome! I think you could use a little warm light and a little cool light to match the jewelry photo you used as image reference. Also, would be nice to see how KeyShot 8's tone mapping could help manage those highlights.

Thank You, Will
didn't understand your suggestion (I think you could use a little warm light and a little cool light... sorry, what does this mean?).

about KeyShot 8:
just now I'm designing & manufacturing some jewelry pieces under "time pressure" and it's easier for me to stay on KeyShot 6 (used to this version and to the settings) 
If there's time left I'll install and try KeyShot 8.

But I want my CAD Data (from Rhino) to be opened in KeyShot 6 after KeyShot 8 installation, is this possible?

after all - KeyShot is incredible!   :)

attached: Diamond Memoire "scarab"

kind regards,
Saskia

Will Gibbons

You can have KeyShot 6 and 8 installed on your machine assuming you buy a KeyShot 8 license. If you upgrade your license, then only KeyShot 8 will run I believe. If you have both installed, you can right-click a KeyShot .bip file and choose 'open in/with KeyShot 6' if you wish.

When I say warm and cool light, you'll see that in your reference image, there is a light source that is reflected in the jewelry that is warm (more orange) and another separate light source that is cool (more blue). This creates some nice color contrast. It also mimics taking a photo inside a room. The lights in a room will be more warm and the light coming in from a window will be more cool.

I hope that helps and makes sense.

Saskia

Quote from: Will Gibbons on November 13, 2018, 09:24:54 AM
When I say warm and cool light, you'll see that in your reference image, there is a light source that is reflected in the jewelry...

I hope that helps and makes sense.

Thanks,
I'll try to implement this approach  :)

meanwhile:
"Koi pond"

regards,
Saskia

Saskia

Memoire Asscher Cut

kind regards,
Saskia

Saskia

"Ice Dragon"

regards,
Saskia

Saskia

merry
Christmas!...

Serhan Yenilmez

Stunning details and materials. I loved them all  8)

Saskia

Happy New Year...

nacho_grande: teşekkür   :)

regards,
Saskia

feher

Great work and Happy New Year !
Great detail in the jewelry.
Would love to see a lighting set up where you use less black in the dome.
They are keepers.
Tim