Main Menu

SONY camera.

Started by slyer, August 17, 2011, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyer

Hi !

Here is a Sony cam I designed.
Model in Solidworks and render in KeyShot of course !!!

For thhis render I play with the bloom settings for a better photographic effect.
I like this kind of image with a little high exposure... it give more intensity to the picture.

Hope you like it to!

Tiho Ramovic

feher

Very nice image !
The only thing I would look at is toning down your bloom a little bit. I feel it's making it look out of focus.
Second add some contrast to the flash, feels a tad dead, needs some life.
Other then that you have a keeper on your hands.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Ed

Slyer - I like it, and your website as well.

The shadows seem more complex than I'm used to seeing in KeyShot.  Did you do some post work there?  If so, what did you do?

Ed

guest84672

Very cool. Little too much bloom - I agree.

slyer

HI !!!

Tiho: Thanks !!!

Feher: Thanks for your comment ... I agree with you ... it's true that I put a little to much bloom!!!
Also agree with the flash light ... I will try with a more bright look.

Ed: The shadows are only KeyShot ... I used a complex HDRI map to create these shadows.
This Map is an interior map but not a studio map. I like to give to my render a studio finish aspect but with some natural environment reflections.
I think it adds life to the final render... but it depends on what you want in the end.
The only things I did in photoshop are to adjust the levels and the contrast of the render.
I also add the background to finalise my comp... For the rest ... Only KeyShot !!!

Thomas: Thanks, I'm glad you like it ... I will make some correction on the bloom and come back with a new render.

fario

belle image, bravo!!!

Antoine

slyer

Here is a new render that includes the corrections we talked about.
I reduce the bloom and add some contrast on the flash.

Hope is better now.

PhilippeV8

Deff. better.  It now has a green/blue feel to it ... did you change the lighting color or such ??  Makes it look "colder".

fario

mmhhh je trouve que le gris du metal de l'objectif est plus en harmonie avec la couleur de ton image de fond sur la 1

slyer

Philippe V8 / Antoine: Thanks for your comments.
I actually made ​​small color tones adjustments to highlight a little more metal parts.
I don't change my materials settings in keyshot ... this the same render as the first one.

feher

Top notch ! Now this puppy is a keeper in my book.
Great work Slyer !
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

slyer

Thanks Feher ... glad you like it!
I will post sone new product renders soon!

guest84672

Super. BTW - you know how to change the perspective? if you wanted a less distorted view? Use the perspective slider under the camera tab.

slyer

Thanks Thomas!
You're right... it is maybe to much distorted ...very hard to find the right balance!!!
I know I'm exaggerating too often my perspective ... On the other hand I like the exaggerated perspective ...It makes the subject very dynamic.
It is always a difficult choice for me when the time comes to solve this kind of details ... too hard !!!!
I'll take account of your advice for my next render and try to do a more natural scene.
Thanks again ... glad you like it!