Keyshot 7 - RENDERING DONE preview different from Rendered Image

Started by Ionicbond, November 10, 2018, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionicbond

Hi, So, I've finally had it with some of the issues I've experienced with Keyshot and I'll start with with this one.  The issues is that the RENDERING DONE preview window is very different than the actual rendered image: take a look at the attached file. As you can see the RENDERING DONE image on the left has a distinct reflection and you can see the top and rear of the case.  The actual rendered image on the right is completely black except for the face of the device.  I rendered this using the time function of 5 minutes 30 seconds on a dual Xeon 28 core system.  This issue has been so frustrating as I setup my environment to look like the real-time rendering ( which is what the RENDERING DONE image looks like, but only to get a completely different output. What gives?

KeyShot

The image shown in the rendering done window is exactly the same as the saved image. If you have made any local adjustments in the output window (such as gamma correction) then you can save the image directly from the output window. If your viewer for some reason does not apply gamma correction then you could try rendering to a different output format such as png or psd to see if that helps.

Öner

DMerz III

Also, I never trust anything I see in Windows Photo Viewer. It's handy when you just need to see a quick preview, but I never rely on that viewer when I am taking a hard look at a final render.
I use adobe Photoshop or equivalent professional photo editor.

Ionicbond

Thank you for replying so quickly.  Can't believe that it was the Windows Photo Viewer that was causing the problem.  It seems that when the windows calibration program is run, it turns on special color correction aspects within Windows Photo Viewer as well as within other windows applications.  The final rendered images, .pngs, .psd,jpegs,  etc. all showed up fine within Photoshop.  Therefore I have switched to my old default image viewer:  IrfanView which is working out pretty well.  Thanks again but I'm sure my next complaint will be Keyshot's fault.  ;)

Eric Summers

This is good to know. I never thought anything about using Windows Photo Viewer. Sounds like I should use Photoshop for the important stuff.