Keyshot 8 Camera Bug ??

Started by designgestalt, November 12, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

hello everybody,
I was creating an animation in Keyshot 8, when all of a sudden the cameras seemed to be broken:
when I get closer to my model the model itself turns black, as if I am too close with the camera.
Yet, this happened during work with camera animations that worked before.
when I change the Lighting Mode to Performance Mode, the model is shaded again, but when I switch back to, lets say Interior Mode, the model is black again.
when I change to the "Free Camera" it is also black, but one click on the scroll wheel ( zoom out ), I can see the shaded model again.

this happend to all cams, also new cams that I created.
it seems to be some sort of focus problem and maybe I accidentally checked a button somewhere, but at the moment I am clueless!
I would highly appreciate some help here, as I have to finish the animation by the end of the week and need to start rendering scenes from tomorrow on!
anyone an idea?
thanks a bunch in advance
designgestalt

mattjgerard

Depth of field? Camera settings tab all the way at the bottom. Also hotkey D. I've fat fingered that one before too. Not sure wy it would turn everything black though.

designgestalt

thanks for the quick response!
unfortunately that is not it...
I would have to add:
I rendered one of the now black frames, to see, if it was only a "performance" problem or screen problem, but the rendering was also black!
shutting down Keyshot also didn't help.
I even restarted my machine as I had the graphics card or driver under suspicion, also without result.
funnily enough I have an older revision of the file that works flawless, which I could go back to, but I would lose about 6 hours of work
( I know, I should save out more revisions, don't remind me...)

designgestalt

anyone from Luxion ??
I am under a bit of pressure here ...
thanks a bunch in advance ...

mattjgerard

Get a hold of tech support directly if its an emergency. Support@luxion.com. Be prepared to send files so they can look into it.