Keyshot crashes when imported geometry added / KS support is no help

Started by Bernhard, November 14, 2018, 08:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

I have a major Problem with Keyshot 7.3.40 on a Windows 10 machine and unfortunately cannot get any help form Keyshot support or reseller, no matter if under maintenance or not. Since the support is so weak, I see also no points to add maintenance to the product.

Problem:
Whenever I import another keyshot file to the existing project and want to save or render it, Keyshot crashes. no Error no nothing.

Example, just for explanation:

- I have a project open that works fine for rendering, saving whatever. This makes me assuming that this project has no problems and can be worked with
- When I import the same bip file to have another Geometry in the project, I am not able anymore to save or render without crashing Keyshot
- I am aware that I could duplicate files in Keyshot but the given sample is just to proof that nothing is wrong with the files. In reality I need to merge other projects that are each individual fine to work with. As soon as it comes to merging them via import, KS failes either at 79% saving bar or same at "adding to queue".

The Origin of those files was Solidworks 2018.

PhilipTh

I resolved this issue with Bernhard in support.

He was nice enough to share his scenes with us, which meant that we could investigate them, and identify the issue.

I was able to reproduce the crash, and had a developer take a look at the crash.

He identified the issue. The cause is: Having re-tessellated parts in the scenes that you import into eachother.

A workaround was found, you can fix your scenes by editing the .bip files in a text editor.
However, editting bip files, is not something we suggest people do without proper guidance, as the risk for a corrupt scene is quite high.

Therefore, if you encounter this issue, please contact support at support@luxion.com.

Since this issue has been identified, an issue has been created in our system, and we will fix this in the future.

Again, thank you Bernhard for letting us know of this issue, and for helping us identify it.

Bernhard

I have to say that I've got good support from Philip and the solutions works well for me. Looking forward to the fix in 8.2.