Main Menu

LEGO models

Started by Weezer, November 21, 2018, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Found these on GrabCAD – so kudos to whoever made them; I just tweaked the materials and made some scenes to show them off. I'm continually surprised by Keyshot's ability to handle huge datasets: the models are part-accurate, meaning they consist of thousands of LEGO pieces, made up of millions of polys. The ground objects are displaced meshes, again with millions of triangles – Keyshot 8 just chews 'em up. Most of them won't even load in Cinema4D...

Eric Summers

Very cool! Those materials look great and the lighting is really well done. The ground plane for the tractor is pretty sweet.

Weezer

Keyshot's basic plastic does the job really well. I also added rounded edges to everything to help with the realism. But the models themselves are amazing.

DriesV

There's something about the plane that makes it look very realistic. Well done.

Dries

mattjgerard

Quote from: DriesV on November 21, 2018, 09:31:24 AM
There's something about the plane that makes it look very realistic. Well done.

Dries

I think part of it is that its not completely 100% razor sharp image. There's some blur, some out of focus stuff, maybe camera movement blur, and the lighting isn't over dramatic. Its done very well.

Weezer

Thanks. It's just a bit of forward motion blur on the plane, but I think the HDRI I used captures the lighting in the scene quite nicely.

Weezer

Couple more, just for fun...