Vintage Grundig Majestic 1088 Radio

Started by Serhan Yenilmez, November 25, 2018, 02:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serhan Yenilmez

My 2nd contribution. Hope you would like it. :)

Modeled entirely within Solidworks and rendered via Keyshot 8 including built in post process image effects. The only extra render pass was AO which is later added on to RGB pass in Photoshop. The most challenging part was the dial screen. I had to draw the entire graphic piece as separate vector images, and then composed those four label layers on to a Keyshot plastic material.

jhiker

Terrific. Some fabulous materials there!
Loving the wood. Is the tuning scale a label, and what texture map did you use for the speaker grill?

Serhan Yenilmez

Quote from: jhiker on November 26, 2018, 05:08:15 AM
Terrific. Some fabulous materials there!
Loving the wood. Is the tuning scale a label, and what texture map did you use for the speaker grill?

Thank you, much obliged.   ;)

The wooden mat is from the standart Library with a little tweak.
Tuning scale has 3 separate label s(Gold, Grey, Black) on a Black glossy plastic material.
As of the grill, I extracted the seamless texture out of a high res photo of an original radio itself.

Weezer

Really lovely modelling and texture work. My only suggestion would be to use a greyscale vision of the grill as a displacement map, then it would actually have the same ridges and bumps of the original.

Serhan Yenilmez

Quote from: Weezer on November 27, 2018, 06:55:07 AM
Really lovely modelling and texture work. My only suggestion would be to use a greyscale vision of the grill as a displacement map, then it would actually have the same ridges and bumps of the original.

Thank you. Actually I did, but I was afraid of pushing it hard so it might be decayed in the process. :)

Serhan Yenilmez

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Closeup shots are killers! well done man!

Serhan Yenilmez

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on November 28, 2018, 06:49:20 AM
Closeup shots are killers! well done man!

I am glad you liked it. Much appreciated. :)

Saskia

Love It, picture 3 & 5 are my favorites

Happy New Year

feher

WOW ! Just WOW.
Those close up shots are just stunning.
Thanks for sharing.
It's a keeper in my book.
I want to see more !
Tim

KeyShot

Awesome image and lovely details. As others have mentioned a bit more use of displacement mapping would take the little details in the close-ups to the next level. Happy New Year!

Robb63

Wow, that light scattering across the varnish on the lower logo image (picture 5) is amazing!!

Magnus Skogsfjord

That really is some awesome material work. Well done all around! +1

Josh3D

Wow! I do believe I missed this one. Simply stunning!