Main Menu

Heavon

Started by kamran Rahmani, November 30, 2018, 08:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamran Rahmani

Hi everyone.this scene is completely prepared in KS. scattering pattern type is used for creating the grass and geomery.
The sky is the KS sun and sky .let me know ur opinions

thebreadchorice

Hey Vernalkamran,
Pretty good work, I've been a keyshot user and unregistered forum visitor for years and this image made me finnally create an account.

Would it be too much to ask for a walkhrough on how you got that amazing looking grass? I read that you used the scattering medium, but you can use that material in so many ways and it is still such a recent feature, my atempts thus far have failed....miserably

I've always been able to replicate any material I wanted but with all the new features in keyshot 8 the range of possibilities and number of ways that you can achieve a certain look has massively increased so I find myself in a position where I could really use some help.

Best regards and keep up the jaw droppping work

Will Gibbons

Cool! I'd also be interested in seeing a bit more of a clear breakdown. Are you willing to provide a screenshot of the grass material graph as well as the geometry view?

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: thebreadchorice on December 06, 2018, 02:03:17 AM
Hey Vernalkamran,
Pretty good work, I've been a keyshot user and unregistered forum visitor for years and this image made me finnally create an account.

Would it be too much to ask for a walkhrough on how you got that amazing looking grass? I read that you used the scattering medium, but you can use that material in so many ways and it is still such a recent feature, my atempts thus far have failed....miserably

I've always been able to replicate any material I wanted but with all the new features in keyshot 8 the range of possibilities and number of ways that you can achieve a certain look has massively increased so I find myself in a position where I could really use some help.

Hi.i really appreciate your kind words.❤️ Of course i explain the things i did step by step and im sure u can do it yourself.
First of all find a 3d model of a bunch of grasses.i myself used two tipes.one as greens and the other one as brown.this makes your scene seem more real.then use scattering option and dont forget to increase displacment so the pattern gets rid of the abnormal order.
The important point is that place the camera near the ground and use dof to have a better experience of a real grass simulation.for the environment ive used keyshot sun and sky but u can use hdri maps. im sure ill see great shots from u

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 07, 2018, 09:27:11 AM
Cool! I'd also be interested in seeing a bit more of a clear breakdown. Are you willing to provide a screenshot of the grass material graph as well as the geometry view?

Thanks

Will Gibbons

Cool! Thanks for showing. Makes sense now!

Öner

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Yep, love that second one! In my opinion, if you remove the noise generated in the blurred areas, the final output will be more delicious!

thebreadchorice

Quote from: Vernalkamran on December 08, 2018, 11:56:05 AM

Hey Vernalkamran,

Hi.i really appreciate your kind words.❤️ Of course i explain the things i did step by step and im sure u can do it yourself.
First of all find a 3d model of a bunch of grasses.i myself used two tipes.one as greens and the other one as brown.this makes your scene seem more real.then use scattering option and dont forget to increase displacment so the pattern gets rid of the abnormal order.
The important point is that place the camera near the ground and use dof to have a better experience of a real grass simulation.for the environment ive used keyshot sun and sky but u can use hdri maps. im sure ill see great shots from u

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to help us out Heavon, especially my clueless self

The process is simpler than I imagined but does, as I thought, take advantage of several new ks8 features.
This is definitely something I will try in some projects and expands the kind of results I'm used to getting out of keyshot.
I will post anything I find "worthy", though I believe I still have to spend a lot of time trying out the new features before I can get anything as good as your shots

Thank you and keep up the good work

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on December 10, 2018, 11:24:24 PM
Yep, love that second one! In my opinion, if you remove the noise generated in the blurred areas, the final output will be more delicious!

Thanks pouya .the problem about the point u mentioned was that as i increased samples , the reflection caused by the shape of the grass in the blured area became more and more.so the scene was full of white high expo dots..and if i reduced the reflection...hmmm u know the grass material became unreal. So i decided to maintain the reflection and reduce samples

kamran Rahmani

Quote from: thebreadchorice on December 11, 2018, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Vernalkamran on December 08, 2018, 11:56:05 AM

Hey Vernalkamran,

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to help us out Heavon, especially my clueless self

The process is simpler than I imagined but does, as I thought, take advantage of several new ks8 features.
This is definitely something I will try in some projects and expands the kind of results I'm used to getting out of keyshot.
I will post anything I find "worthy", though I believe I still have to spend a lot of time trying out the new features before I can get anything as good as your shots

Thank you and keep up the good work

No problem

Im sure ill see great things from u soon :)

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Quote from: Vernalkamran on December 17, 2018, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on December 10, 2018, 11:24:24 PM

Thanks pouya .the problem about the point u mentioned was that as i increased samples , the reflection caused by the shape of the grass in the blured area became more and more.so the scene was full of white high expo dots..and if i reduced the reflection...hmmm u know the grass material became unreal. So i decided to maintain the reflection and reduce samples
I mean, you can remove the noises with using PS and post-edit process! : )