Brightness problem after rendering

Started by isayo, August 22, 2011, 04:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isayo

Hi!

I have searched in the forum and I could not find any answer regarding a problem with the brightness after rendering.
The image gets overbright in the realtime window in two situations: As soon as the rendering is finished and when I open the render options window and close it without rendering (cancelling my render quality adjustments). It looks like the realtime rendering goes on for a few seconds making everything overbright.

Saving the scene while the image is overbright doesn't seem to affect it, it opens as normal again. The only solution is to close the scene and open it again.

I am working in a Win7 64-bits machine, Quadro 600, 8Gb ram, Intel Xeon processor @ 3.10 GHz.

I will attach two images to show what I mean. The darkest image is the first rendering after opening the scene, the other is a rendering directly after the first, after getting bright.

/Isabel

Chad Holton

Hi Isabel,

Welcome to the forum!

Is this the only scene having the issue or do all of your rendering scenes do this?

Chad

isayo

Hi Chad,

Thank you! The forum is a great place to learn about Keyshot.

I have this problem with all the files of the chess "project", that is, from the first scene where I only saved the board till the chessboard with the pieces. I just made a new scene with just two pieces on it and it works perfect (I used the same wood material and the marble-looking material with no problems).

Any idea? I'll keep on trying different options to see if I can find the cause...

Isabel

elliasp

Hi Isabel,

I had this sort of problem at the begining.

The fact is : if you use glass (or similar) material with a low or normal raybounce (the one used in realtime), you will have a dark glass material (like the first photo).

BUT : if in the final render you ask for "good quality", Keyshot will increase the level of raybounces (to have more reality) and often, it makes glass material really really flashy.

So, in the "option" window, check the "real time" area and play with the level of raybounces (usually, keyshot start at level 6). If you increase this level, the computer will take more time to render, but maybe you will see your glass material to begin more flashy.

I hope it helps :)

+++
F

Chad Holton

Hi Isabel,

Can you send the chess scene to support@luxion.com so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,

Chad

isayo

Hi Elliasp,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried what you said and even if I increase the raybounces to 32, the difference in brightness is minimal.
But it's good to know that it happens with certain materials. In the scene I tried, I only have a mahogany material (from the library, only some small changes in the settings), gold (also from the library) and a translucent material for the "marble".

@Chad: I sent you one of the chess scenes that have this problem.

Thanks!

Isabel

guest84672

Also, when in the realtime window, please make sure to check detailed indirect illumination in the realtime tab. Right now this is turned on automatically in the offline rendering.