Main Menu

a dragon

Started by Ivan_____, December 03, 2018, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan_____

:D Hi! It's my first post here - a dragon. Rendering is not my main thing but I decided to post here since I used Keyshot for this project. I feel that Keyshot is very intuitive to use and a really cool software! The dragon is a personal project and it was modelled and textured in Zbrush. Hope you like it!

Please take a look at my other works - https://www.artstation.com/ivan_yosifov
Thanks!

Ivan_____

kiarash.tamizkar - thank you. I am modeling and texturing another dragon now and I will try to do these things (texture variation and better light setup) on it. The first dragon (this one) was going to be a quick sculpt and polypaint but I already spend too much time on it and I would rather focus on the new one. Thanks for your advice and take care!

Ivan_____

kiarash.tamizkar - I just saw your art on artstation and realized that I have been following you. You art is awesome! Have a nice day

Serhan Yenilmez

Well done! The eyes of the creature are very convincing.  8)

Ivan_____

nacho_grande - thank you

Ivan_____

nacho_grande - the eyes are made of 3 layers of geometry - first layer is the main geometry with polypaint, 2nd layer is the transparent part that gives glossy reflections and the 3rd layer is a transparent eyelid that most reptiles and birds have.

RRIS

was expecting to see that 3d scanned dragon statue... was pleasantly surprised :) great job!

Serhan Yenilmez

Quote from: Ivan_____ on December 05, 2018, 07:04:20 AM
nacho_grande - the eyes are made of 3 layers of geometry - first layer is the main geometry with polypaint, 2nd layer is the transparent part that gives glossy reflections and the 3rd layer is a transparent eyelid that most reptiles and birds have.

Your hard work shines through... :)

Will Gibbons

Oh, my goodness! These are beautiful!

Ivan_____

Will Gibbons - thank you for your kind words!

nacho_grande - thanks again!

RRIS - I miissed your comment but now I see it, thank you!