Renderweekly Challenges - UPDATED #No.43 - Hammer Design

Started by JimmyToTheBe, December 05, 2018, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

Hi everyone. Thought I'd share my visual from renderweekly for the Nike Vapormax. There were so many great renders for this challenge and seeing people push the boundaries of keyshot even further. @thedesignformula

kiarash.tamizkar

hmmm,good job but the fabric textured strip around the shoe have texture issue because of incorrect unwrapping

JimmyToTheBe

There is something really pleasant about looking at a pile of bolts, or is that just me?

Eric Summers

Definitely not just you! ;D Those look great! There's something really satisfying about it.

JimmyToTheBe

Renderweekly #37 - Lighter Concept

See posting instagram https://www.instagram.com/thedesignformula/?hl=en

A concept through heat control technology where an element fibre is heated and not burnt. Reducing the risk of leakage and ordinary lighter blowout. With a simple recharging method using any USB charger to power the heated fibre to point tobacco / paper can be lit and just as easily cooled.

Hope you guys like it.

RRIS

Not aimed at your submission, but in general.. I was kind of disappointed at the lack of variety in shapes for the lighters. Everybody basically went for extruded pill shapes.. no organic forms at all. It's like nobody dares to be different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: RRIS on December 17, 2018, 08:07:08 AM
Not aimed at your submission, but in general.. I was kind of disappointed at the lack of variety in shapes for the lighters. Everybody basically went for extruded pill shapes.. no organic forms at all. It's like nobody dares to be different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very good point. I think a similar style is currently circulating after the last few challenges, after being so hard surface heavy.  I on the other hand only chose to go rather simple was to just challenge my keyshot material skill a little bit further. And I think I'm the only one to concept an alternative to a naked flame lighter. Let's hope the organic challenges come in thick and fast in the future!!

Magnus Skogsfjord

I like the heat distortion. Didn't notice that detail on instagram!

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 18, 2018, 06:17:42 AM
Indeed. The highlights portion that comes out of the lighter and has been shaken on the floor are very interesting.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on December 19, 2018, 11:27:28 PM
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 18, 2018, 06:17:42 AM
Indeed. The highlights portion that comes out of the lighter and has been shaken on the floor are very interesting.

Thanks Magnus & Pouya, it definitely needed that detail adding in. And another reason for uploading the high res image onto the forum, otherwise the hard work for detail is lost.

JimmyToTheBe

Renderweekly No. 41 - 'One light challenge'

Managed to get time to do two renders for this weeks renderweekly. The first is a Crab from threedscans.com and the second is a slightly unfinished Brabham F1 car from 1966.

Let me know what you think?

Will Gibbons

Kico

I love the ground texture on the car shot ! The reflection is really cool !!!

Hossein Alfideh

JimmyToTheBe

A few very rushed shots from Renderweekly's week No.42 - Air Purifier

This was only going to look nice in context in my opinion, so I kept it simple with its form but tried to experiment a little with different materials. Let me know if it works  ;)