Logitech MX Vertical and Logitech K600 TV Keyboard

Started by Esben Oxholm, December 06, 2018, 04:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi all,
Never got around to post these animations I did for Logitech using KeyShot.

MX vertical is all KeyShot, while the K600 intro and outro was animated in Modo to be able to create a bit snappier ease-in/out than currently possible in KeyShot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v4kGQsLZWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7FRTzeiRRw

Let me know if you have any questions. If you want to, you can read more about the projects here and see a couple of related stills as well:
http://esbenoxholm.dk/portfolio/logitech-k600-smart-tv-keyboard/
http://esbenoxholm.dk/portfolio/logitech-mx-vertical/

Thanks for having a look!

mattjgerard

Really nice stuff! I've got the MX Master mouse, saved my tendonitis. And I really do agree with the animation choices for your ease in/outs. The day I read about the art of that part of animation is the day mine got so much better! Did you use DoF in keyshot for the mouse animation?

Flow for the keyboard video is great too. The way the last animation plays intot he background for the logo I had to watch that a couple times, as the purple goes from a 3d floor to a wall for the logo without any perceptible change other than the gradient popping off the upper left corner when the logo comes in is pretty cool flow. Neat stuff!

DMerz III

Will Gibbons

Woah. These are cool! Really like the feel of the mouse one the best. I like the low shot looking up. Great work!

Esben Oxholm

Thanks guys!

@Matt: Nope, the DoF is faked in After Effects using simple gradient ramps and the frischluft lens plugin.
There's usually a lot of back on forth on how much blurring the client wants and creating the DoF in KeyShot is unfortunately not feasible.

Thanks for noticing the transition to the flat color. Spend some time getting that correct :)

Here's another one I did btw:
https://youtu.be/P1YRwWE2HDs

All KeyShot except for the still image middle part and the speaker movement which is created in Modo and brought into KeyShot through alembic format.
Also here, the DoF is After Effects.

(P.S. Discovered I started the thread in the wrong place. Can someone help me move it to the 'amazing animations' section?)

designgestalt

awesome work Esben !
all of them !
not only an excellent job, but also an interesting one for a well-known-manufacture!
that looks good in the portfolio ! ;)
have you worked with the mouse ?
can you say something to it?
just from looking at it, I like the concept but the angle looks fairly steep ?!?
cheers
designgestalt

mattjgerard

Quote from: designgestalt on December 12, 2018, 12:45:32 PM
awesome work Esben !
all of them !
not only an excellent job, but also an interesting one for a well-known-manufacture!
just from looking at it, I like the concept but the angle looks fairly steep ?!?
cheers
designgestalt

I thought the angle was a  bit extreme when I first saw this style, but looking at my own Logitech MX Master that's already a severe angle compared to what I was coming from, the apple magic mouse, It probably wouldn't be much of a leap to go to this vertical style. I already hold mine a but more up and down than over the top. My only concern would be sideways movement of the mouse when clicking, as I tend to get a bit, uhm, energetic with my mouse clicks sometimes, and if that would affect the accuracy or force my forarm to tense up to hold it steady that probably wouldn't bode well for my tendonitis. Would be interesting to try though.

Eric Summers

First off, very cool Esben! These are really great! I couldn't pick out just one thing I like, every aspect is so good.

Quote from: mattjgerard on December 12, 2018, 12:55:35 PM
awesome work Esben !
all of them !
cheers
designgestalt

I thought the angle was a  bit extreme when I first saw this style, but looking at my own Logitech MX Master that's already a severe angle compared to what I was coming from, the apple magic mouse, It probably wouldn't be much of a leap to go to this vertical style. I already hold mine a but more up and down than over the top. My only concern would be sideways movement of the mouse when clicking, as I tend to get a bit, uhm, energetic with my mouse clicks sometimes, and if that would affect the accuracy or force my forarm to tense up to hold it steady that probably wouldn't bode well for my tendonitis. Would be interesting to try though.

Just to add my two cents here, I've tried a coworker's vertical mouse before but it wasn't for me. I found that I was gripping it way too hard which made my wrist and forearm sore. And the angle just felt unnatural. But again, that's just me. It might work great for you!

Esben Oxholm

awesome work Esben !
all of them !
cheers
designgestalt
Thanks, Dirk!
Very fun projects indeed.

Haven't had a chance to try the mouse though.

DMerz III

A couple co-workers of mine have the vertical mouse, definitely takes some getting used to, does feel like it would alleviate strain on your mouse hand/arm.
So if you have issues with that, definitely worth a try. I would test run it at Best Buy or some other store which has a demo on the shelf for feeling it in your hand.
Overall, I am happy with my MX Master 2s.

designgestalt

thanks for your feedback ,
David.
Guess I will take a look into it ...

Will Gibbons

Quote from: DMerz III on December 13, 2018, 08:02:06 AM
A couple co-workers of mine have the vertical mouse, definitely takes some getting used to, does feel like it would alleviate strain on your mouse hand/arm.
So if you have issues with that, definitely worth a try. I would test run it at Best Buy or some other store which has a demo on the shelf for feeling it in your hand.

Headed to Best buy with some pizza and a foldable camping chair so I can demo a mouse for the next 8 hours. They won't ask me to leave at all... lol.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 13, 2018, 01:57:45 AM
awesome work Esben !
all of them !
cheers
designgestalt
Thanks, Dirk!
Very fun projects indeed.

Haven't had a chance to try the mouse though.

They should have sent you one for reference!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Offf.. so awesome Esben. I have nothing to add, just wanted to give a sincere echo to all the others. Always stellar, stellar work.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 17, 2018, 10:15:12 AM
Quote from: DMerz III on December 13, 2018, 08:02:06 AM

Headed to Best buy with some pizza and a foldable camping chair so I can demo a mouse for the next 8 hours. They won't ask me to leave at all... lol.
Ha!  ;D