license issue for temporary stand alone computer

Started by germannick, December 10, 2018, 12:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

I have the following license dilemma.
We have several floating license available. Due to a NDA issue, my project needs to be processed outside of our network AND on a sheltered computer. In other words, license borrowing will not work. My hope was to find a dongle solution to use the license on the computers that are currently in use.  As I was informed by the office reseller of KS, this is technically possible but not supported by Luxion.
Since I like to save may work or not have keyshot watermarks on my renderings, (not to mention that this project will be longer than the KS trial version), the temporary 14 day  versions will not work either.
It is very disappointing to pay good money for a program that is totally restricted to local machines. Purchasing an additional license is not in the budget. Something like a dongle or Adobe solution would be great!
Any suggestions or solutions from the community?

KeyShot

With KeyShot floating licenses there is a concept of borrowing for this purpose. This allows you to bring the KeyShot license outside the organization on for example a laptop for a given period of time (the allowed time is usually determinated by your it team). So all you need is to 'borrow the license' onto your laptop and you can use KeyShot anywhere for the time you borrow it.

germannick

the portable and available office loptop is not powerful enough for Keyshot. The alternative privat is not allowed to connect to the office network to borrow the licens...