Update model

Started by rubendem, December 12, 2018, 04:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubendem

I'm a Keyshot 7 user working for a company that develops industrial washing solutions. So a lot of this machines change from time to time so I have to update the models I'm using in my renders. However I am wondering if there is a way to replace an old model with a newer version so I don't have to start my projects from zero every time a machine is updated. It would be a handy feature if said newer model automatically inherits al the animations, materials, ... of the old machine.
I am afraid this can't be done with Keyshot but I wanted to be sure or I would like to know an alternative way to accomplish this.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: rubendem on December 12, 2018, 04:50:54 AM
I'm a Keyshot 7 user working for a company that develops industrial washing solutions. So a lot of this machines change from time to time so I have to update the models I'm using in my renders. However I am wondering if there is a way to replace an old model with a newer version so I don't have to start my projects from zero every time a machine is updated. It would be a handy feature if said newer model automatically inherits al the animations, materials, ... of the old machine.
I am afraid this can't be done with Keyshot but I wanted to be sure or I would like to know an alternative way to accomplish this.

It's not fully automated, but there are some ways to achieve this. You can use the plugin with your CAD program and choose to use Live Linking to push changes over. There are scenarios in which this may not work though. I prefer to create a material template based off my KeyShot scene. Then, if I need to import a new version of the model with big changes such as part count or design changes, I just apply the material template. In about one second the new model has new materials on it that match the old one. I hope that helps.